Chapter 18: Night 12

Foxy P.O.V.
Mike came in late for work today. I wasn't there to greet him myself, but Freddy was.
"Hey Mike." He casually greeted the man as he made his way into the office.
"Waitin' around for Bonnie?" Mike asked as he sat down in his chair and pulled out the security camera.
"I am." Freddy was impressed. "How did you know?"
Mike replied sarcastically, "It's not like you're spending time with anyone else these days."
"What's wrong, Mike?" Freddy asked sympathetically. "You're usually in a better mood than this."
Mike huffed. "Cassidy's just a tough nut to crack, that's all. I might go bankrupt if she charges me any more." He shook his head. "Anyway, where's Foxy? He's usually here by now, speaking of waiting around for people."
Freddy shrugged. Around that time, Bonnie and I came strolling down the hallway. He and I were just swapping advice for dealing with our partners.
"Hey, Mike." I approached the guard excitedly. "Did you ask her and what did she say?"
Mike sighed and took a sip of some coffee. "She said yes, but it was gonna cost me a shit-ton."
"How much?"
"$15,000." Came his exhausted response. "Shit, how much does she need to keep you guys running? Do I look like I'm made of money?"
That price hit me like a ton of bricks.
"Cassidy's a real tightwad." I remarked.
"And a dick." Added Mike. Jeez. And I thought Freddy could get profane.
"Sorry, Foxy..." Mike downed more coffee again. "I'm just not in a good mood right now. If I'm offending you..."
"You're not." I quickly cut in.
Mike let off a minuscule smile. "Good. You're coming with me tonight, then, if that's OK."
"That's fine." I said, nothing Freddy and Bonnie had left. "Is there, uh, anything you'd want me to get together?"
Mike thought for a moment. "If you're OK with traveling with a ghost girl, then go get Emily. Otherwise, spare clothes is about all I'm asking of you."
"I'll be right back, then." I left the room in a rush. Cripes. I had almost completely forgotten about Emily. She hadn't shown herself since Mike's fifth or sixth night... I can't remember which it was.
I approached Pirate's Cove silently. Emily didn't like loud noises.
"Hey, Emily." I whispered. "Are you there?..." Emily faded in to the room.
You called, master? She smirked. For some odd reason, she had developed a habit of calling me master for some reason, mainly just to annoy me.
"Listen," I whispered quietly. "We're leaving this place tonight. You've got two options: Come with me or perish."
Where to? She asked silently.
"Mike's house." I responded.
Really.
"Yes."
I knew you loved him, but that takes this to an extremity.
"Does it?"
Yes.
"Judgmental." I sighed and entered my room. "If that's how we're to be saved, then so be it." I had to be careful with how loudly I spoke. Emily herself didn't actually say anything. She more or less spoke... through telepathy, I guess. The others would dub me insane if they saw me "talking" to the ghost. I began gathering my spare clothes. "Are you coming or not?"
I will come. Do not stress yourself. She quietly responded. She then disappeared.
'Crazy child.' I thought to myself, grabbing my final scarf from the door. I didn't have so much that I needed a large bag, but at the same time, two changes of clothes was quite a bit to carry, especially when you think about all that Cassidy would make me wear. I grabbed a small bag on my way out of my room and put my clothing in that. Emily reappeared.
Are you ready? She "whispered" to me.
"That I am." I responded.
To the office, then?
"Where else?" I set off down the hallway, Emily in my wake.
"Mike," I quietly stepped into the guard room. "Here's Emily."
Emily seemed to teleport behind Mike. He didn't notice this, however, until he turned around. Upon seeing her, he fell right out of his chair.
Hello, Mike. Emily gently waved. Mike couldn't hear her.
"She's saying hello to you." I knew Mike didn't have the ability to hear the ghost like I did.
"I know that." Mike said. "The wave-... Wait a second. You mean she's actually talking?" I nodded. "Huh. I didn't know that."
"You can't hear her yet because she mainly uses telepathy. But don't worry, one of these days you'll learn to talk to ghosts." I swear, if a normal person were to hear our conversation right now, we'd be in a mental hospital.
Mike looked at the clock. "We break out at 6." He joked, sounding like someone off of the police television shows I sometimes heard adults talking about... whatever those are. "Seriously, though." He went on. "We leave at six. I'd say goodbye to the others if I were you. It'll be the last time you see them for a while."
For a while. So I'd come back to visit. Maybe Mike would bring me to work sometimes...
I dashed down the hallway leaving Mike with Emily.
"Guys!" Everyone was on the stage, just hanging out. "Chica told you I was being scrapped, right?"
"You're what?!" Bonnie had been slouching against a concrete column near the edge of the stage, but when I spoke he sat straight up.
"I was going to be scrapped." I explained. "But Mike convinced Cassidy not to do it and now I'm going to, *ahem*, live with him for the time."
"WHAAAAAT?!" Chica grinned. "That's awesome! You're not going to 'die' after all!!" She ran over and hugged me. Freddy spoke next.
"Are you ever going to come back? You know, to visit us?" He sounded sad.
"Of course I will, Freddy!" I said. "You guys are too important to me for me to leave you behind!" We came together for a group hug.
"I'll see you guys later, OK?" I looked up at the clock. "It's almost six."
"You leave today?" Bonnie sounded surprised.
"Yeah..." I sighed. "I can't believe we're actually saying goodbye."
"Hey," Bonnie took my hand. "Keep in touch, OK? You're an awesome friend. I don't want to lose you." He said.
Tears came to my eyes. "You're the best, Bon." I hugged him for a final time. "Thank you. I'll make sure to call at some point." We pulled away from our hug. "I'll see you guys later, OK? Good-bye." The 6am bell rang and I started down to the guard room. everyone waved good-bye.
"We'll miss you, Foxy!" Chica yelled after me. "Don't forget to call!" I'm still glad she didn't say "Don't forget to write". My handwriting looks like chicken scratch, since originally I was supposed to be right-handed.
"Hi again." Mike stood up as I entered the guard room. "You ready?"
"Yeah." I responded, kind of awkwardly. We left the office and then the building together, stopping to say hello and goodbye to the boss as she came into the building. I don't think she saw Emily; if she did she would have passed out. Mike unlocked his car and opened the passenger seat door for me. He then opened the driver's seat door and sat down. Climbing into the car, I asked Mike what this strips of fabric hanging from the sides of the seat were. He said they were called "seatbelts" and they keep you in your chair. He showed me how to put one on. Emily sat down in the back and tried to put hers on, but since she's made from %100 ectoplasm, she went right through it.
You need to anti-ghost these things, Mike. She laughed. Mike didn't hear her. He stuck his key in a slot next to the steering wheel and turned it, causing the engine to start.
'That's pretty cool.' I watched him in wonder. I'd never seen machines like these before, unless the others and I were built like this as well.
"Hey, Foxy," Mike said as he slowly backed out of the parking space. "Will Emily be OK staying with us? I've got the space for both of us, but does she need anything specific or something like that?" He asked me.
"She's pretty good with adapting to new living environments, like most ghosts aren't." I smiled and looked back at her. "She's an impressive one, aren't ya, Emily?" Emily seemed to blush and look away.
"So she won't be much of a problem to look after?" Mike still sounded a bit concerned.
I laughed. "Don't worry yourself a bit, Michael, she'll be fine. I've known her since I was built and she's caused no problems with me."
Mike frowned. "Don't call me that."
I laughed and the three of us continued our drive home.