I'm Done

Monday came around all to fast.

Another week of horrible clothes.

Another week of dealing with Stacy.

Another week of dealing with her minions.

Another week of pretending that I was popular.

I quickly dressed in an all see through lacy top, a nude strapless bra underneath, a high waisted mint skater skirt that stopped at mid-thigh with a gold belt, and a pair of nude heels.

I reluctantly took out my nose stud and lip ring, brushing my teeth and keeping my hair down, I was set to leave.

I said bye to mom and hopped in Stacy's car, where it was waiting for me in the drive.

I don't know why she had to pick me up, I had my own car.

When I asked her this one day all she said was this is what friends do. I decided not to argue.

As Stacy, her minions, and I walked down the main hall, I saw Ashton walking in our direction. I gave him a small smile when the girls weren't watching, but next thing I know, a small yelp of surprise escaped his lips as Stacy trips him.

"Watch where your going, Four Eyes," She sneered.

Ashton wasn't even wearing his glasses. He hasn't worn them for the past week. I sighed as I watched him stand up.

"Maybe you should be wearing your glasses, you need them to see," Regina added meanly.

I frowned.

Ashton walked off quickly. I watched as he walked, looking over his shoulder a few times, but looking forward again when our eyes met.

When second period came around, Ashton quickly took his notebook out and started scribbling something.

When he was finished he shoved it over to me and scowled at me as I read it.

Why didn't you defend me?! I thought we were friends!! It's one thing to keep me a secret from them, but not defending me...I don't think I can be friends with someone who doesn't have my back

I looked up at him, a scowl still etched across his face.

I could feel the tears brim my eyes, knowing I screwed up.

"Asht-" I was interrupted by Mr. Fisher coming in and starting class.

Thankfully, we were to read the next three chapters by Friday, by ourselves.

I took out my notebook that had random pages full of our conversations in the class.

I tried getting Ashton's attention, but he completely ignored me. I sighed and gave up for the moment.

At lunch, I tried texting Ashton, but he never replied, even though I knew he was reading them.

I glanced across the cafeteria at Ashton's table. He felt me staring and looked up, but quickly looked away. I frowned and rested my forehead on my arms.

"What's wrong?" Stacy asked not sounding concerned what's so ever.

I lifted my head up and glared at her. I quickly pushed myself off my seat.

"Nothing," I snapped and walked away.

I could feel Stacy and the minion's eyes on my back, but I ignored them and kept walking. I disappeared down the hall, up a set of stairs, and found my way to the library that I haven't visited since I became "friends" with Stacy.

I missed the smell of the mix of old and new books, missed the sounds of pages turning from students reading at the tables in the back, and missed being surrounded by the numerous adventures and fantasy worlds of all the different books.