Chapter 2: Testing the Waters

"Just give me a minute, then we can go" Taehyung told the younger one and patted his shoulder as he looked elsewhere, your way. He made his way through the crowd and when he was about to get to the other side of the room to you, he saw another guy approach you. He stood still for a second behind just the few people he had left to walk past, somewhat hidden.

"Do you want to dance, beautiful?" he asked flirtatiously to your stone cold face.

"No, I'm fine" your replied totally unfazed.

"Oh come on, why not? You're here all alone" the guy whined in a way he might have thought was cute, but you just looked exasperated.

Tae gulped at this exchange, maybe he shouldn't mess with you. Why was he so invested though, he wondered. It was definitely curiosity, at the prospect of someone different, he concluded.

The guy walked closer to your face and you looked away uncomfortable, looks like Tae wasn't the only one whose personal bubble was constantly being ignored.

"Why won't you look at me?" the guy insisted despite your rejection.

"I don't want to" you said hoping he'd get off your face, but he was relentless. You clenched your teeth, this was normal to you, but you'd never get used to it. You were afraid if you turned to him, he'd try something stupid.

He put his hands on either side of you on the wall and caged you. You looked panicked as you tried to find your friend in between all the guests. Hoping you could land your pleading eyes on her and she'd notice something was wrong. You slipped from underneath his arms and tried to walk away.

"Hey! Where are you going?" the guy did not want to give up.

"Maybe you should listen to her, she's not interested" a deep voice that made you weak at the knees said and you turned around wide eyed at whoever this person was. No one had defended you before, not that you needed saving, but they usually always blamed you and told you you were the one in the wrong.

Your eyes met the piercing dark ones that had been pointedly watching you all night. Great, it was heartthrob playing his little game of saving the damsel in distress to lure her in. You couldn't help but be disappointed it was more of the same. You rolled your eyes and turned around determined to find your friend and beg her to leave. You were too uncomfortable and done with this night.

"Hey! Wait" you heard his grave voice again, unstable from him being shoved around, and a shudder went up your spine. Why did he have to be the kind of man that has that voice that drives you up the wall. You wondered what his singing was like, he was part of a band right? You loved listening to artists with this special kind of deep voice that ranges from that to high. Damn, where did your mind even go? Where is your friend?

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" he said as he still followed you. You stopped at the other corner of the room frustrated that you had no idea where your friend was and you looked around the dance floor intently. The flashing lights of color made it hard to really identify her in between the moving bodies.

"Are you okay?" you sighed as Tae stood next to you.

"Just fine, I'm used to that" you replied coldly. He cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh, me too" and you looked at him making a face. He wanted to play with you? Oh, you'd play.

"Men crushing you against walls and demanding mutual interest?" you said smirking. He chuckled, you're a tease, interesting. He gave you a sinful smirk that was way too attractive as you held his gaze under his bangs. He shook his head slightly to free his eyes from the locks.