Chapter 20: The Duality of Kim Taehyung

You scooted back on the couch as Taehyung leaned over with that sinful stare.

"Are you scared? Don't be" he purred in a velvety voice and you gulped.

"I just want a kiss" he tried to calm you down, but the expression on his face gave you a different idea. He was a few inches away from your face now.

"I will stop if you want me to" he said as he stayed still and looked in your eyes waiting for your words, but none came out.

Winking at you he leaned in to connect your lips and you ended up leaning back against the armrest of the couch. He placed his arms on it on either side.

Why were his lips so intoxicating?

You wanted him to stop because you didn't know how to handle it, but you didn't want him to stop deep down. Why couldn't he do all the work? You thought selfishly. He bit your lower lip softly and caught it between his teeth, tugging slightly.

"Will you let me show you?" he murmured and you held your breath.

"What do you mean?" you breathed out shakily and he nuzzled your neck.

"Trust me, please" he begged as your voice was laced with fear. "I can show you how to kiss me back" Tae insisted.

You placed your hands on his chest and his heart sank. You were about to push him away again, he could sense it. You grabbed his t-shirt, your hands fisted, and pulled him closer instead. He smirked and kissed your neck softly.

"You won't regret this" he said relieved and a shiver went down your spine.

Taehyung put his hands on your waist carefully, brushing his fingers on your sides first to make sure you were okay. You shuddered at his touch, but didn't pull away, to which he smiled against your skin as he kissed your collarbones.

"Your turn" he said softly in between kisses. You weren't sure where to move your hands, you were drawn to his sharp jawline, so you placed them underneath it, resting your thumbs on his cheeks.

"Good choice" he hummed and you couldn't really blush as your whole body radiated an immense amount of heat already.

"Keep them slick" he said after licking his lips once more, then trapped your bottom lip and brushed his tongue along it. When he pulled back, you pressed your lips together to moisten them and hid in the crook of his neck.

"Don't get shy on me, come on" he chuckled.

You looked back up and Tae pressed his lips against yours and you sucked on his bottom lip. He poked your mouth with his tongue and when you parted your lips he pulled back ever so slightly.

"Do the opposite of what I do" he instructed and deepened the kiss. You did as he said and soon enough you got the hang of it, playing around and teasing him as you explored each other's mouths.

Tae pulled back first and nuzzled your neck again, wrapping his arms around your waist and bringing you closer to him as he moved back against the back of the couch.

"That's as much as I can take" he said sheepishly as he caught his breath and you got the idea of what he meant.

"I'm sorry" you blurted out and he kissed your cheek, you couldn't take much more either.

"No need" you looked up at him and he smiled sincerely, his gaze was soft and sweet.

Yes, sure, you needed your time, but so did he. It oddly felt like you'd been with each other for a long time when you had been official for not even two days.

It just felt right, everything about it. It was not awkward or uncomfortable despite feeling insecure about each other. But it was new to both of you in different ways and you were both slowly figuring things out.

"How can you be like this?" you asked and he tilted his head to look at you not knowing what you were talking about.

"This how?" he asked needing to understand what you meant.

"Different, like when you are on stage" he chuckled at your question.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

Then it hit him.

"Is that what you meant with different when I asked about my performances?" he laughed softly, he was definitely surprised.

"And here I thought you just didn't like them at all" he bit his lip amused and a little flustered at the thought. You actually liked them to the point you couldn't even tell him because it was much too awkward.

"Um, yeah" is all you said hiding in the crook of his neck shyly again and he laughed airily as he held you tighter.

"This is all me though, maybe I like teasing people" he said with a rebellious smirk.

"That's mean" you pointed out.

"That's fan service" he corrected.

"Ah, it's rather artistic in a way" you said and he nodded. "Just teasing coat racks and yourself with your own hand" you added chuckling and holding his chin the way he did during his performance.

"You think it's so funny?" he said flirtatiously as he wrapped his fingers one by one around your wrist. Taehyung stared into your eyes smirking darkly, he could tell he was making you nervous, that's exactly what he was expecting would happen. He chuckled and leaned in your ear to whisper.

"Why don't you tease me instead?" he provoked you knowing you wouldn't come through.

You placed your hand lightly over his cheek, he thought you'd kiss him, but you slowly stroked it and traced his jaw. He froze and his heart tripped over his accelerated heartbeats as you brushed his lips with your fingers seductively. Then ran your hand down to his neck, holding it lightly for a second before pulling away. You chuckled and smirked.

"Don't forget to breathe" you teased him. His face flushed and he laughed nervously looking down.

"Well played" he said smirking as he laid back and closed his eyes satisfied.

Tae wondered how no one had appreciated you, you were amazing in every way. Always full of surprises, sassy and non-compliant. He couldn't imagine ever getting bored of you. That could make anyone go crazy, or maybe it was just him.

Or no one was capable of breaking down your walls like he did. He smirked at his thoughts, you would probably slap him if he said that out loud.

"What do you look so proud about?" you said and his eyes shot open, he looked down at you.

"Nothing" he blurted out.

"I thought you were an actor, you're such a bad liar" you said amused.

"It's not the same. I'm not a liar" he said dryly.

"I'm just happy you're only mine now" he confessed and you blushed furiously.

"How can you blush at this after how you flirted with me so shamelessly" he said and he earned a smack on the chest. He held his hand to it and rubbed it.

"You did though" Tae mumbled and pouted.

"I ask myself the same thing about you sometimes" you deadpanned.

-