Chapter 37: Love Is Not Over

Tae came into work late as he had spent the morning cuddling with you and chatting in bed. He really didn't want to leave you so soon after waking up. He hadn't let the guys know and he was nervous about what was waiting for him. He walked in the practice room and they turned around to look at him surprised.

"Taehyung-ah! There you are, what happened?" Namjoon asked as he walked up to him. He cleared his throat as his face flushed.

"I was with my girlfriend" he informed him. The leader smirked knowingly as he raised his eyebrows.

"So everything's good between you now?" he checked. Tae rubbed his neck embarrassed.

"Yes, thanks, hyung. For your pep talk"

His dimples made an appearance as he smiled happily. Jungkook walked up to him shyly and the older one left them alone, they needed to talk things out.

"Hey Kookie" he said feeling guilty about his attitude towards him.

"Hey Taeyhung-ssi" he replied not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry, I know you were trying to help, I just didn't think you could" Tae apologized first of all.

"I have my contacts" he quirked an eyebrow and his hyung looked at him puzzled, what on earth was he talking about? Tae wondered. He chuckled even though he had no idea. Jungkook smiled his signature smile at him.

"You guys have made up then? You look much better, hyung" the maknae said and slapped his butt affectionately. Tae winced at the soreness and Jungkook raised an eyebrow

"Did you guys do it?" Kookie asked looking amused. Instead of glaring at him as he expected, Taehyung pursed his lips bashfully trying not to laugh and scratched the back of his neck.

"Was it g..." the younger one was about to ask and Tae hurriedly interrupted.

"Yes. Now can we get to practice?" he begged him to stop. Jungkook obliged giving him a break.

Seulgi messaged you at midday asking about your lunch break so she could call. You had told her you were meeting up with Taehyung at last and she wanted to know how it went.

"Hello there" she said cautiously not knowing what to expect.

"Hey Seulgi!" you said brightly and she sighed relieved.

"You're in a good mood, tell me, how did it go?" she drawled full of curiosity.

"So, we are good" you started and she rolled her eyes, why did you have to be so ceremonious when talking, spill the tea, woman, she thought. Seulgi hummed encouraging you to continue.

"And we did it" you said bashfully but she could hear the smile in your voice. She was so used to you being so shy and vanilla she missed that.

"Did what?" she asked in confusion.

"Seriously, Seulgi? Now you choose to have pure thoughts? " you teased her. Man, you were in such a good mood, who were you and where was her friend, Seulgi thought smiling from ear to ear as she shared your joy.

"Oh my god, oh my god" she screamed into the phone and you pulled it away from your face as usual. "How big is he?" she asked shamelessly.

"Hey! What the—" you said angrily, there you were, Seulgi thought sadly, but she was kind of relieved at the familiarity

"I-I don't know, how would I?" you started trying to answer her question anyway and she appreciated the effort.

"Uh, can you walk?" she asked and you were not sure what that had to do with anything, weren't you supposed to be sore either way? Not that sore? You wondered nervously. Your silence made her chuckle.

"That's all I need to know" you protested at her statement. "So I assume it was good" she said in a question but kind of predicting the answer. You hummed affirmatively and she squealed happily.

"I'm so happy Jungkook was able to get him to talk" she said excitedly without thinking about it and your eyes widened.

"What?" you raised your voice enraged.

"I have to go, girl. I'm so so happy for you, I love you, bye!" she said quickly and hung up the phone. Seulgi, you thought narrowing your eyes unamused.

Whatever she or Jungkook had done, you were grateful for if that's what made Taehyung come back to you though. You felt like you were in cloud nine with your boyfriend. Was this real life?

Tae was ecstatic himself. The band could notice all was well again and they were more than happy to be teased and loved on by him once more.

Even Yoongi let him hug him in a rare moment of rapture. The guy needed to channel all that energy and calm down, he thought amused as he was back-hugged by his giggly dongsaeng.

This was only the very beginning of many happy years together with Kim Taehyung. He never ceased to strive to make you the happiest to return the feeling of how happy you made him feel.

You poured all your love and affection onto him, you had always had so much to give and you were happy it was Tae who got to receive it.

He deserved the world for being the guy with the piercing stare who broke down your walls and showed you that love is not over or a figment of the collective imagination.

-

I think I just wrote my last chapter, it just feels right (edit: just kidding, I wrote an epilogue just now). I think there are no more loose ends, insecurities or doubts to be cleared between the two. This is certainly bittersweet, I was so invested in writing this book that I updated every day.

I hope you enjoyed it, please let me know if you did. Tell me how it made you feel and what you liked best about these two. I am grateful for your support, views, stars and encouraging comments, they seriously made me smile and want to keep sharing my story.

I started with oneshots and I honestly never felt I could be capable of coming up or sticking with a longer story. I am very pleased with the result and so happy I tried it. For that I have my friend ClosetKPopFan to thank. Without her words, comments and encouragement to turn this into a bigger story (and to not just drop it in panic because why am I writing ff), The Guy with the Piercing Stare would not exist!

I you have any questions, please drop them > HERE < on this line