Chapter 36: Blood, Sweat & Tears

"Taehyung" you moaned and his eyes shot open, he thought that voice could probably wake him up from his grave.

He propped himself on his elbows and looked at you, but you were actually sound asleep. He smirked at the thought of you dreaming of him like that and he felt his face flush. He was all flustered as he rested his head back on the pillow and stared at the ceiling.

It took nearly six months, half a year, he thought how much more shocking that sounded, for you two to get to this point. It had been extremely frustrating and discouraging at times, but hugely rewarding. He smiled at himself thinking about how you had taught him more than patience and empathy.

He always thought he was in the details. Making sure everyone around him was doing ok, was not cold or sick. Helping the staff if they needed a hand putting everything away or cleaning after the band. Giving a hand to his hyungs whenever needed.

But a whole lot of things he had stopped seeing, he had already incorporated them as part of what you take for granted.

He learned a smile could make a huge difference, a yes or a no could completely change the course of things, someone's touch could brighten your whole day, a small gesture could send your heart racing and three words could make you shake in fear, just to list a few.

Everything you experienced together was powerful and it came as it had to, the wait only made each moment feel infinitely better than if you'd rushed into it and he would do it all over again without hesitation.

If someone had told him what your relationship entailed before he walked up to you, stripped of all the feelings, he might have turned around and walked away without a word. Who has time for that? Why would anyone be this way?

The things he did for you, he wouldn't have known if his curiosity hadn't got the best of him that night. It was impossible not to fall in love with you, you oddly lured him in and pushed him away at the same time. Tugging at his heartstrings back and forth in a way that sounded cruel, but he couldn't get enough of it.

Tae decided to get out of bed to make breakfast for you, he knew you'd probably be sore and you always did that for both of you when he stayed over. He slid his legs to the side of the bed and his eyes widened at the wave of discomfort.

He cursed under his breath, why were his muscles this sore. When was the last time he had done it before last night though. He couldn't remember anymore.

He carefully got out of bed not to wake you up and tip-toed out of the room clenching his jaw in an attempt not to yelp in pain. Closing the door behind him carefully, he hobbled over to one of the chairs around the table and sat down.

"Ow, no, no, bad idea" he told himself as he got up. He rubbed his behind and leaned over the table supporting himself with his other hand on it. He softly laughed at himself.

Tae walked to the fridge stiffly and got working, hoping you wouldn't wake up any time soon. After moving around a bit his muscles warmed up and he felt slightly better.

He was still kind of embarrassed at himself. But this kind of had a special meaning to him, it was his first time with you. He hoped you'd never forget your first time ever, he wouldn't.

From how you woke him up this morning he kind of felt relieved that you had liked it at least. He'd never felt so good. He likened it to an eternal and exhausting foreplay session and pursed his lips at the thought. But it just felt right now that the wait was over. All that built-up tension, he still hadn't rid himself from it all, once more he had to be patient.

The difference was you were into it as well now, so not long, he felt excited at the thought. Finally, he thought full of satisfaction. He chuckled as he realized it only took his blood, sweat and tears to get to where you two were. He would never be able to sing that song again the same way.