Chapter 18: Treating You Right

When you got back to the apartment, you were exhausted. You still hadn't recovered from having slept poorly on Thursday night. Changing into his long shirt again, you slipped into bed for a couple hours. Tae was used to going on with little sleep, so he stayed awake doing his own thing.

You walked in the room sleepily while he was browsing on his tablet. He heard your footsteps on the cold hard floor and turned around to see you in his long shirt. He bit his lip as you walked up to him. You didn't even notice as you rubbed your eyes trying to clear your blurry vision.

"Sleep well?" he asked smiling sweetly.

"Mhm, yeah" your voice raspy as you sat next to him with your legs to a side and laid on his shoulder still half-asleep.

Taehying held your hand and interlaced his fingers with yours, placing it in between you two. He found himself staring at your legs under the slightly hiked up shirt, so graceful, he thought and looked away bashfully.

He needed some space too not to do anything stupid like last night. You shifted making yourself comfortable, it seemed like you had fallen asleep again. He felt trapped like when Yeontan fell asleep on his lap and he didn't want to move not to wake him up.

Taehyung picked his tablet back up and started scrolling through social media. He felt your free arm wrap around his and he was shocked. Did you cling to people when sleeping too? You sure weren't this touchy when you were awake. Or were you holding back? he was not sure which.

When his arm started to go numb, he tried to wake you up. He placed his hand on the one holding onto him and patted it while squeezing the one he was holding -

"Hey, you have to eat. It's getting late" he said softly.

"No" you replied with your familiar defiant tone.

He chuckled, you were so cute when you let go of all those insecurities. Putting his arm underneath your shoulders, he tried to figure out how to hold you to take you back to bed.

He carefully slipped his other arm underneath your upper thighs to make sure to hold the long shirt in place. It was either holding you dangerously high up your legs or probably ending up seeing up your makeshift night gown.

Feeling rather uncomfortable even though he was doing nothing wrong, he lifted you up and headed to the room. To make matters worse, you were a sleeptalker.

"Don't touch me" you mumbled in your sleep. Tae looked down at you and his heart almost stopped, but there was a sleepy frown on your face, he hadn't woken you up.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry" he repeated softly feeling guilty over nothing as he struggled to pull the covers to get you in bed. Finally laying you down he took a deep breath and exhaled relieved.

He had never paid so much attention to his every muscle. Bbefore going to the kitchen to get some food for himself, he tucked you in.

It was all because of you, he thought he was done being overly careful a while back, but he couldn't help it. He wanted you to feel okay around him, not scared or uncomfortable. Granted he slipped up a few times, but he was trying his best.

The fact that you had accepted to be his girlfriend didn't change the feeling that he might push you away for some reason though.

He finally went to bed and you were laying in the middle of it. Bed-hog, Tae thought he might tease you tomorrow and chuckled. He climbed on his side, there was enough space, but you were close to him and he wasn't entirely sure what to do about that. He decided to lay with his back to you for good measure.

After a while, he wasn't sure how long since he was woken up by you, you snuggled up to him and wrapped your arms around his waist. He would have liked to hug you instead, but your tiny frame next to his being the big spoon was endearing. Hugging a pillow instead, he went back to sleep.

The next morning Tae woke up and you were still holding onto him, he turned around in your arms and you shifted, but didn't wake up. He noticed his shirt bunched up and barely covered your lower half.

When he saw the waist of your underwear he quickly fixed it, pulling it down feeling ashamed. Maybe he should have made you get some pajamas, for his own sake, he thought regretting his initial reaction.

Taehyung thought of getting up and making breakfast as you had the previous day, but he was really enjoying the cuddling. He wasn't sure if you'd only be like this when you were asleep or if you'd dare do it when you were fully conscious.

You opened your eyes and he smiled softly at you.

"Morning" you said smiling back with hooded eyes.

"Were you looking at me while I slept?" you chuckled and he blushed. Leaning in closer, you pecked him and he went from pink to red.

Your random gutsy moments always caught him off guard, but he took them as a good sign, you were easing into the whole thing. He wondered what they did to you exactly that it was this bad even trusting him.

Taehyung frowned at the thought, he felt the need to prove to you that you were safe. And maybe find and punch a bunch of jerks for hurting you so badly.

"I'm sorry I slept so much yesterday, you must have been bored" you said.

"It's okay, we had a good time" he said and smirked. You raised an eyebrow, what was he talking about.

"We?" you repeated and he nodded.

"You are quite the cuddler when you sleep" he said scrunching his nose while smiling. You hid your face in his chest as you just noticed your arms were wrapped around him.

"Well, I'm glad you like it" you said still hidden.

"I'm all for it, I sleep better that way, always have" he said reassuringly.

"Awww, you're too cute" you said and he looked down at you.

"Very, and so are you" he replied cheekily. You smacked his chest and protested.

"Sorry, not going to stop complimenting you" he said boldly and added, "you need it."

"Who says I need compliments? - you looked up at him feeling annoyed now.

"There's nothing wrong with them. Is it because some douchebags said them carelessly?" he said and you fell silent.

"I honestly hadn't thought about it that way" you replied furrowing your eyebrows as you considered his words.

"I mean every word, I promise" he said and he kissed your forehead.

You smiled back at him and your eyes softened at his words.

-