Chapter 11: Lean on Me

After having breakfast with his parents, Taehyung prepared Yeontan to pick you and Hyeri up. He slipped his harness on and after taking his leash and his favorite toy, he went by the door to put his coat on.

"Are you leaving already, honey?" his mom asked.

"I'll stay for dinner when I bring back Yeontan" he smiled, he knew he didn't spend as much time with his parents due to his busy schedule.

"That sounds like a long walk, where are you going?" she asked curiously.

"I'm meeting up with"— he hesitated for a second —"a friend and her dog."

"Oh well, you look handsome, bear" she said fixing the collar of his coat and aligning the seams on it with his shoulders. He sighed and turned to take his bag and opened the door.

"We'll be waiting for you at dinner time, have fun with your girl friend."

He knew she didn't mean it like that, but his face flushed at the thought. That sounded highly unlikely as things were.

Tae got out of his car and scooped up Yeontan. He rang your doorbell as he snuggled up to the little dog, it was getting chillier these days. Shortly after, he saw you walking out of the elevator through the glass. Hyeri was a fluffy white pungsan dog.

You saw as he looked down at Hyeri as you walked up to the entrance, you remembered how cutely he smiled when he talked about his dog when he asked for your number. When you opened the door he looked up at you instantly. You blushed at his still smiling face and fixed your eyes on the dog in his arms.

"You must be Kim Yeontan" you cooed and he held him a little higher for you chuckling.

"He also goes by Tan or Tannie to friends" he replied cooing. You weren't sure who was cuter, his dog or him. You couldn't help but smile widely.

He looked at you as you petted Yeontan and wished you'd smile like that when you saw him. His cheeks flushed at the thought and, as he handed you his dog, he crouched down next to Hyeri.

"Hey girl" he cooed as she sniffed him from afar, shy to walk up to him still. You saw him patiently waiting.

"She's shy, like me" you mumbled, the last part almost inaudible. Tae looked up at you for a second with a side smile and you held Tan a little higher to cover your cheeks.

You weren't sure why you'd said that. Encouraging Hyeri to divert the attention from you, you waved your hand so she'd come closer.

"It's okay, Eri, he's nice" you cooed and she looked at you before nuzzling Tae's hand "there you go" you said as she got overly friendly now.

She stood oh her hind-legs to sniff his face and he giggled at her little whiskers brushing his face. Your heart was melting at the sight.

He finally stood up and saw you instinctively holding Yeontan like a baby, making him bounce a little in your arms. He chuckled and took him back so you could walk back to the car.

"I thought we could go to this place that is a little more secluded, just outside of the city" he shared his plans with you.

"Oh, I'm excited!" you genuinely sounded more relaxed.

Dogs definitely made everything better each time. Tae kissed Tan gratefully and nuzzled him. You chuckled and he looked back at you with a small surprised smile, which made you blush.