Chapter 23: Triggering Innocent Mistakes

He snickered amused at how nervous you got.

"That's what I'm trying to do" he answered as he tried to walk across the room to the door.

"Where are you going?" you asked worriedly.

"I need my backpack, my clean clothes are in it" he said flatly.

"Wait here, I'll get it" you said hurrying out of the room as you held your hand up so he'd stay still.

You came back with it and shoved it in his chest, pushing him backwards into the bathroom.

"Why are you so agitated?" he said chuckling and trying not to tumble over from your sudden move.

"I don't even work out as much as I could" he pointed out jokingly.

You shut the door and left him without an answer, turning back to your bed and trying to return to your book. You stared down at it, but you couldn't really read.

Couldn't he have asked for you to hand him his backpack or something without getting out? Sure, he didn't work out much, you mocked him in your head, but he didn't need abs to look the way he did.

The way he did, you didn't even want to say the words in your head. Tae came out of the bathroom wearing a t-shirt and pants, brushing his hair with his hand. He laid down next to your sitting form on the bed, smiling brightly.

"You didn't answer my question" he teased.

He had told you you looked great, but you had never mentioned anything about him. It's not that he felt self-conscious, but he kind of wanted to know what you thought.

He didn't exercise as much as Jungkook and he had no interest in doing it, but he wasn't too bad, right?

It's not like he did that on purpose either, he saw nothing wrong with it. He wasn't walking out stark naked and he didn't think you'd be so shocked.

You are his girlfriend now, not his date, this should be okay, shouldn't it? Was he crossing any lines he was unaware of?

"I just panicked" you answered dryly still pretending to be focusing on your book, but you hadn't flipped a page since he came out of the shower. He sighed.

"Can you put down your book?" he asked looking at you intently.

You closed it and put it back on your night-table, then turned to him, blushing when you made eye contact.

"What is it?" he asked with a side smile.

You had asked him to be understanding and he was trying to, but sometimes he had a hard time comprehending where you were coming from.

He knew that everything was new for you and probably uncomfortable. But it was situations, not him. Was he making you uncomfortable? he wondered.

You laid down on your stomach next to him and buried your face in your crossed arms, while he laid on his side with one of his arms propped up, resting his head on his hand.

"I just-" you didn't even know how to explain it or what to say. He waited patiently for you to continue, this seemed to be hard for you.

"I was not ready for that" you offered without knowing where you were going with this.

"For what?" he asked biting on his lip, he wanted to be serious, but it was amusing if you were about to say what he thought you might say.