Chapter 33: Operation Spit It Out

Your doorbell rang. You knew Seulgi wouldn't fail to show up, but you had hoped maybe for once she wouldn't. You released the door for her without a word and she practically ran in and out of the elevator. She rang your apartment's doorbell in record time.

"Hey" you opened the door and she stared horrified at you. You looked exhausted and distraught. Your eyes were red and puffy from crying so much and so hard that some veins had popped leaving red marks over the white. The dark bags underneath were an indicator of the terrible nights of sleep.

"You look like shit" Seulgi said as she placed her hands on your shoulders.

"Thanks" you said rolling your eyes and averting her gaze.

"You are going to talk to me" she was not going to let it go and tears welled up in your eyes on demand these days. It was effortless. They started running down your face as you sobbed bitterly. You brought your hands to your face and Seulgi pulled you in for a tight hug.

"What's wrong? Please talk to me" she pleaded.

You had talked to her about how they kept breaking your heart and making fun of you, but in all your years of friendship, she hadn't seen you like this. You just wouldn't budge about meeting someone, you didn't want to. You did your best to stay away.

"I-I talked to Taehyung about"— you took a deep breath unable to get all the words out in one go —"a-about how they made me feel."

Your friend squeezed you tighter, bracing herself for whatever you were going to say. She didn't care he was Kim Taehyung, if he had hurt you, she would personally find him and make him pay for it.

"And he d-didn't"— you started sobbing uncontrollably —"he left and didn't come back, Seulgi" you were angry crying you.

"He is just like all of them" you growled as all of what was left of your tears now were your stained cheeks.

"W-what? But he seemed to care so much" she blurted out thinking out loud.

"They always do, until you're serious about things" you spat out bitterly and muttered annoyed, "actually caring for another person with real feelings is too much to handle."

"I'm done hurting myself over anyone, I'll be happier on my own" you informed her and walked to the couch.

Her eyes were darting from side to side trying to find where the problem was, it made no sense. Why did he try so hard if he was going to back away as soon as you opened up to him. She walked after you after a little bit and sat down next to you.

"He hasn't even talked to you? " she questioned in disbelief.

"He said he needed some time"— you said sarcastically —"I wish he would just break up with me already, this is bullshit, I don't have time for it."

She wanted to say maybe he wouldn't, it didn't always work that way even though it was a possibility. But she didn't want to say something that might hurt you further later if he did end up doing that. She hugged you again not knowing what to say. For once you managed to leave your chatterbox friend speechless and you weren't even happy about it.

"Do you want me to stay over?" she offered not knowing in which way she could comfort you. Maybe just being there for company was enough.

"As you wish" you said flatly and got up to go through the fridge and find some leftovers. Japchae, Taehyung's favorite. You shoved it in the trash.