25) not hard enough

Iwaizumi
the next day

Sometimes I really wanted to punch Hanamaki and Matsukawa in the face. "Okay but the Lorax is low key hot tho..." Makki said.

"Nah nah nah, the young Once-ler is where it's at. That man is HOT!" Mattsun said, leaning back in his chair.

"What do you think, Iwa?" Makki turned to me.

"I think you both should shut the fuck up."

"So he agrees with me about the Lorax! The man speaks for the trees and protects the forest!" Makki turned back to Mattsun.

"Uh, not really, my mans the Once-ler chopped them all down and he didn't do anything!"

"What was the Lorax supposed to do?! He put his trust in the Once-ler, and yet he betrayed him and still cut down the trees!" Makki huffed, "You really are the human embodiment of the 'shrivel up and die' song."

"Yeah I am. I'm proud of that," Mattsun took another bite of his food.

"Goddamn I hate lunches on Wednesday's," I sighed.

"You love us!" they both smiled evilly and continued their Lorax talk.

~~~

When I got back, I had the image of Makki and Mattsun dancing around me singing "Let it Grow" with clout glasses on scarred into my mind.

I hated it.

I grumbled into bed, only for my door to be knocked on, but it was open, so it didn't really matter. I looked over and it was Bokuto. He had gotten significantly better, only getting headaches every so often. He went back into classes regularly yesterday, and he said he was fine, so we saw that as progress. "We can't really do game night tonight, so we are doing it next week with them! Tonight we are gonna call Kuroo!" He smiled bright and wide.

"When is Kuroo coming back?" I asked.

"He said tomorrow night his parents are gonna bring him back."

"How come any time one of you gets injured, the other does too?"

"We come as a package!" Bokuto smiled, closing my door.

Akaashi

Kenma had decided to call Kuroo privately so that our dorm didn't have to go down to the other's just to call him. Suga and Oikawa had already talked to him, so now it was us three playing minecraft together while also being on call. "Kenma please spare me the wifi here is trying it's best-"

"Not hard enough."

I snickered. "He gotcha there."

"Akaashi! Take my side for once! You literally can't even play this game!"

"Uh, yeah I can. Kenma taught me," I shrugged.

"Like ten minutes ago!"

"He still knows. He's right. You're wrong. Sucks to be Kuroo," Kenma smiled to himself. It kinda scared me that every time he was mean to Kuroo he'd smile.

"I- Kenma why do you harass me-" Kuroo sighed.

"Kuroo, I forgot to ask, why did you even do the backflip off the couch?" I asked.

"Bokuto said if I landed it he'd pay for my lunches for a week... now I have a broken leg and I have to pay for my lunches. Double loss."

Kenma snickered and I sighed, "You two are the embodiment of stupidity."

"Hey! No need to be mean!"

"I think there's a need," Kenma nodded.

We continued to play for awhile, talking about stupid topics until Kuroo had to call his dorm. After Kuroo did have to go, we decided to go eat dinner.

We walked silently to the cafeteria, getting our meals and sitting down. "So, Kuroo, huh?" I smirked at him from across the table.

"What?"

"You've never warmed up to someone so quickly before, even when we moved into the dorm with Suga and Oikawa you didn't adjust to... any of us, for weeks," I shrugged, still smirking slightly.

"I- Whatever. He's different," He played with the apple pie he got.

I laugh a little, "Okay, fine, I won't push it."

Suddenly, someone was sitting next to me. "Hey you two! Off the call with Kuroo?" Suga smiled. Oikawa sat next to Kenma.

"Yeah, he had to go call his dorm," I took a bite out of my food.

"Ah, alrighty. So, since we didn't get to have game night, we are gonna have bonding night! You two can finish eating and then we'll head to watch movies and viiiiibe~," Suga sang.

~~~~

That's all we did for the rest of the night. Well, we watched movies after Suga and Oikawa argued about who got to choose for about 30 minutes, then asked me, and I said Kenma should choose, and then they said no he'd choose a live stream, so I chose....

Aaaand then they got upset because I chose a horror movie.

So we watched The Lorax. Personally, I felt like the young Once-ler was kinda hot, but we won't talk about that.

After we watched that, we all kinda just talked about life, eating more brownies Suga got from the cafeteria and baked here.

Oikawa was apparently going to the gym more, saying Iwaizumi asked him to go one time this week and he liked it (according to him mostly to have an excuse to see him in a tank top) so he continued going.

Suga had gotten much better at science because of Daichi, and apparently Kuroo? I thought that was surprising but Kenma had said he was, and I quote, "a nerd," so I didn't think much of it.

It was weird to see all of us have these random friendships bloom in the span of only two weeks. Well, for Oikawa it was very obviously a crush but that happened the moment he woke up from getting hit in the head with a soccer ball so i'm pretty sure that doesn't count as blooming.

Eventually, around 1am, we called it a night, and headed to bed. I worked on an essay for a little, and headed to bed.. only to be woken up by a text. I looked at my phone.

Bokuto-san: the concept of sleep is so weird.. you just like, close your eyes for an extended amount of time, and suddenly it's a new day.. or the same day depending on when you go to sleep/wake up. also, did you know dreams are only seconds long? that's so scary. how come i can go to a birthday party, have my phone go off like crazy, then forget something when we leave and have to go back inside, then get hungry and get pretzels, then be heartbroken by my friends, only to roller skate down a gravel road singing and dancing with them?

me: i-

That text kept me up for hours.

——

i had the dream bokuto had only like,, 5 days ago. i haven't had a dream in months so it was scary-

also, idk if you can tell, but i've been obsessed with the lorax lately. (i'm team once-ler btw cuz thinking the lorax is hot is terrifying)

i can't stop playing minecraft