| 24 |

Diah says yes

you'd expect everyone to clap and cheer but, everyone is in shock.

she and Mattia hug and kiss. she is the happiest a girl could be.

Allie on the other hand? she's breaking on the inside.

but on the outside she smiles and begins to clap.

everyone is confused, but followed her actions.

she should have said "don't do it".

but here we are.

- 2 w e e k s l a t e r -
i'm sitting in a garden by the ocean. i'm at the last table watching everyone dance with a glass of wine in front of me.

my son is dancing with his "stepmom to be" and he is happy, so is his father.

i don't know why i came to the engagement party.

moral support? i don't fucking know.

the boys got used to the idea and are now happy for Mattia.

but me in the other hand? i'm still hurting inside.

i've been spending time with the two, working on Matteos party still.

i've watched them fall more in love and watched my son fall in love with his dads wife to be.

i'm shattered.

- 2 w e e k s a g o-
- a f t e r d i n n e r
Mattias parents took Matteo home and i went to Alejandros hotel room.

"how could he do that shit" i throw my bag once we step in his room. "why did he want me there for that?" i say crying as mascara streams down my cheeks.

"what went through his head, did he want to hurt me?! what the actual fuck" i couldn't breath.

"i don't know Allie" Ale says putting his hands in his pockets, watching me.

"what the fuck" i say sitting down in the couch and putting my face in my hands as i sob.
"i'm so stupid" i whisper.

"come here" Ale kneels in front of me. i bury my head between his neck and shoulder and he just hold me while i cry.

"im so stupid"

- p r e s e n t -
"Allie?" one of Mattias aunts was talking to me.

"hmm? yes ma'am?" i say.

"how about a toast? you are going to be the best man or maid of honor right?"

"i- uh yah sure"

i stand up and clink my fork against my glass to catch everyone's attention.

"hi everyone, i'm uh Allie, Mattias best friend" i cringed at the words.

"isn't it crazy to see our Matti engaged? i know it's real crazy to me. seeing my best friend of 20 years, engaged" i didn't know what to say after that.

i clear my throat, "it hurts to see, i always thought it would be me" i choke up.

"he dealt with my bullshit for so many years, and we were so in love, i thought i'd be the one wearing the ring"

"remember all the things we wanted? every memory? everything we planned"

"i guess we were never meant for "til death do us part" huh?"

"it doesn't matter"

i snap out of the daydream and people are just staring.

"ehem, just uh, congrats to the uh beautiful couple" i smile and everyone claps.

i grab my purse and walk to the front. the valet takes my ticket and they go to look for my car.

"hey are you okay?" Alejandro comes running.

"uh yeah, i just told Matteo i'd uh take him to the store for a toy" i turn back and look for my car.

"Matteos not even with you, he's with Diah..."

i realize this, "fuck" i run back in and looked for them.

"hey mr.sweetface, let's go baby" i say trying to pick him up.

"no, i wanna stay with papa and Diah" he said grabbing Diahs hand.

"come on baby, you gotta come with mama"

"no, i'm staying" he then climbs onto Diahs lap and hugs her.

"just let him stay Al" Mattia says.

i turn around and hold in the tears. i want back to the front and Alejandro is still standing there.

"i'm- i'm a horrible mother, he didnt wanna come with me, whenever he'd get like this, Mar would calm him down" i hug my bag.

"here are your keys ma'am" the valet hands me my keys and i just stand there.

"what is happening" i say with teary eyes.

"come on i'll drive you home" he places his hand on my lower back.

i get into the passenger seat and he drives me home.

Authors Words:
y'all want Alejandro and Allie together, i'm thinking about it but, Mar is definitely coming back. my mind has been made. but he's not gonna get hurt this time.

i love him in this story. i'm sorry y'all 🥺