| 2 |

"he's asleep, once i got there he went down pretty quick" Mar said as he got into bed.

"he hates me, my son hates me" i say putting my face in my hands.

"he doesn't, he's at an age where he wants to be independent, he loves you" he then kissed my cheek.

-2 & a half years ago-
marianos p.o.v:
"nah nah, bro that's not how it works" i was arguing with a friend about something when someone caught my attention.

"uh, i'll see y'all later" i saw Allie walking down the street alone at night.

"hey! Al? what are you doing here ?" i say once i get across the street.

"i uh, i just, i-i" she was hysterical

"okay, hey, calm down" i say pulling her into my arms. i rest my head on hers for a little bit. after a minute i take her home

"i need to go, can you take me to the airport, please" she quickly got up from the couch

"why? what happen?" i ask getting up as well

"the boys, they are going to come here, please. i need to get out of here. i'm, i'm removing myself from the problem" she says walking to the door.

i give in and get in my car.

"where are you goin, why do you have to leave" i asked her

"i mess everything up, i don't belong here" she said without looking at me.

"to think i was going to ask you on a date tomorrow" i joke to try to lift the mood.

she looked over at me, "come with me"

"wh-what" i laugh once again

"to Miami, come with me, my mom lives down there" i was tempted. "my parents, what do i tell them" i asked her.

"vacation?" she tried to joke but she she struggles to smile or laugh.

she wasn't okay, i wanted to help her. we stopped by my house for a few things and headed to the airport"

-present day-
-narration-

"you're gonna have to go back tomorrow" Mariano said to Allie while laying in bed.

"i don't need therapy, and their questions they ask on the paper are just weird, what are the face to face questions gonna be about" Allie sat up, so did Mar.

"you know you need it, please just try" he placed his hands on her cheeks.

"i hate you, fine" she finally agreed

"thank you, i love you" he laid back down.

"i love you too" she jokingly rolled her eyes and laid down next to him as he wrapped his arms around her.

Authors words:
so ik it's a bit confusing rn but things will unravel.
trust the process :)