Sixteen

Brit Brit

I need something to
do tonight. Are there
any parties?

YES! FINALLY!!!
I'll pick you up at
eight. There is a
massive party out in
Malibu. Lots of hot
single guys are going
to be there.

Perfect. I love you B.

Glad to see my CiCi
coming back to herself.

CiCi sighs, tossing her phone away from her. She'd been in a panic for days. Her life story confession to Calum seemed relieving at the time, but now it just seems like the worst mistake. How could she have let someone into her most vulnerable sides so easily? How had he broken down all those walls already?

"It doesn't matter." she mentally scolds herself. She is going to take back control of her life, and that includes making sure she doesn't lose everything she's built for herself in this empire she has. Starting with the party tonight.

Taking her time to take a hot shower and clean her body fully she steps out of the water, wrapping her robe around herself as she wanders into the closet. It has to be the right outfit, the perfect outfit. She hasn't partied like this in a while.

After nearly an hour of back and forth she decides on a black mini skirt and a matching sparkle covered long sleeve cropped top.

Setting the outfit aside as she enters the en-suite to situate her hair and iron it pin straight. Another forty-five minutes to perfect her makeup and she's slipping into the outfit, strapping on sky high stilettos and wandering out the door just in time to see Brit's Range Rover pull into the drive.

"Damn, C! What did Hood do to you?" Brit grins as she slides into the back seat.

"I need to forget about him." CiCi shrugs, knowing her best friend will take that to mean she's just done with his round of the game. But it's so much more than that... CiCi needs to forget him because it suddenly doesn't feel like a game, it suddenly feels real and she is not ready for something like that. It's scary, it's vulnerable, and she refuses to be that version of herself any longer. And the best way to end that is to end what she has with Calum.

"Yes! I have missed you, queen CiCi." Brit grins.

"Tonight I get drunk and I get back to who I really am." CiCi nods, "Smart to bring a driver also."

"I want to get drunk too." Brit shrugs.

"Who's party is this anyway?"

"No idea. Steph sent out a mass text about it and I jumped at the opportunity. You've been a little too preoccupied by Hood to throw a good party and I was missing out."

"Don't worry. That prize ran itself out. CiCi is back."

"Good. That means CiCi and Brit are back and ready to own this party."

"One hundred percent." CiCi nods.

"The best way to get over a dick is to get on another. Tonight that is your goal, girl." Brit grins, "I brought pregame." She adds pulling a bottle of vanilla vodka out of the large bag on the floor.

"Give me the whole bottle." CiCi laughs, reaching for it as soon as Brit gets it open. Smirking Brit takes a small swig before handing it to her, watching as CiCi swallows the warm liquid. "I fucking needed that." She added handing back the bottle.

"I've missed getting sloshed in the car pre-party with you, C."

"No more sappy shit. Get drunk with me."