Epilogue

**We are being optimistic about Covid with this chapter, and by Autumn 2021, masks will not be needed and vaccines will have done the right thing with spreading immunity so there is some sort of normalcy**

***

"I'm nervous." Lia sighs, catching Calum's eye through the mirror she stands in front of, pulling the straps of her new dress up onto her shoulders.

"Why? This is a good thing, babe, and I'm going to be by your side the whole night." Calum kisses her shoulder, easily zipping the dress up her back before she can ask.

"I know I've talked to them, like on the phone and such, but it's really been like a year and a half since I saw my dad at all, and I wasn't exactly nice to Robin then..."

"But you are a different person now, Lia, you and I and both of them know that. Apologize to Robin, and let them see the new you. Your dad will see it, I know it." Calum spins her easily in his arms, placing a kiss on her lips.

"I don't know what I would do without you, Cal, I got so so lucky." She smiles softly.

"I never would have imagined this to be how life turned, but I couldn't be happier with it. I love you, Lia. Let's get going though, so we aren't late."

"Let me touch up my lipstick." She nods, turning back to grab the subtle pink stick, smearing it across her lips as Calum fills the pockets of his coat with wallet, room key, and phone.

Waiting patiently, he helps her into her coat once she's finished with her touch up.

"You've got this, babe, you're only nervous because it's the first time you're seeing them in a while. But it's going to be just fine, I promise. Come on, we have a short walk." He lets her button her coat before reaching for her hand, leading her out of the room and off towards the dinner where he will be being introduced to her dad for the first time.

***

"Cecilia." She looks up sharply as they reach the agreed upon restaurant, her dad smiling at her as he helps Robin out of a cab. 

He looks younger somehow, the year and a half they had spent apart must have been good for him. His eyes are brighter, his laugh lines deeper, and his smile is genuine.

"Hi dad. It's been so long." She grins, releasing her hand from Calum's to pull him into a tight hug.

"You look good, Cecilia."

"So do you." She sighs, soaking in the warmth of his hug.

"It's good to see you again, Cecilia." Robin smiles kindly as she and her dad break apart.

"You too, Robin, and um, I'd like to apologize again for the one other time I've met you in person. I was dealing with a lot of things then and I acted terribly towards you. You didn't deserve that."

"It's quite alright, I understand why I seemed threatening at the time." Robin reaches out to squeeze her hand softly. 

"Um, dad, Robin, this is Calum. You should both be thanking him to an extent. He is the one who really has helped me to find the better version of myself." She reaches back for his hand, curling easily into his side as she introduces them, smiling up at his face fondly.

"I really didn't do much, just called her on her bullshit." Calum laughs, shaking her dad's hand.

"The difference is, you called it out in a way she listened, and I as her father am forever indebted to you for helping my little girl find her true self. It's nice to finally get to meet you." 

"It's nice to meet you both too."

"Should we head up? I booked us the chef's table, supposedly it has one of the most spectacular views of the Empire State Building and the skyline." Her dad holds out a hand towards the door, guiding Robin by her lower back as Calum and Lia follow.