Twenty-Seven

CiCi shakes as she applies some makeup, she had been unable to get out of going to this little party with Brit, and it is not doing anything good for her mind as she has to prepare.

It should be safe, everyone invited had supposedly tested for the virus and come out negative. She had at least, but she wasn't sure everyone would actually follow that rule, and beyond that, it is not the time to be going to parties. Also, she really doesn't want to be going. She would much rather call up Calum and cuddle on the floor watching a movie and eating takeout. She doesn't want to be back in that situation, the one where she is forced to pretend she is her old self. The one where Brit is nagging at her constantly for not being that person. The one where Brit will no doubt blame Calum for her change in attitude, when in fact she is more than grateful for the influence and support he has been to her in her journey of self rediscovery.

Startling as the doorbell rings from downstairs, she climbs off her seat, knowing her outfit is not as 'CiCi' as Brit would have liked. Collecting her bag, keys, and phone she heads for the stairs as another knock comes, secretly hoping it's Calum to take her away so Brit can't find her. But her wish is not to be fulfilled as she pulls open the door to see Brit standing scantily clad in a strategically embroidered sheer top and a skirt that lets her ass hang out nearly.

"Feeling a little conservative tonight, C?" Brit immediately asks, glancing at the skinny jeans and bodysuit style top CiCi had picked.

"I look hot don't shit on my outfit choice. I can just stay home you know."

"No, you're right, you are always hot, just wasn't what I was expecting you to wear." Brit waves her off, gripping her wrist tightly and yanking her through the door, clearly afraid CiCi would turn right back around.

Climbing into the SUV with the usual driver Brit immediately pulls out a bottle of something for pregame, just like old times...

"Have some, C. You need to get out of your head tonight so you can enjoy it." Brit pushes the bottle towards CiCi after she shakes her head, knowing she doesn't want to be at a party or inebriated on a night like tonight. She's got enough going on and adding alcohol to it isn't going to help. Reluctantly she takes the bottle, wishing she had the guts to just scream and yell and leave Brit behind. Wishing she didn't long for her oldest friend to understand and accept her, despite that little voice in her head that keeps telling her Brit will never change in that way. That she will never accept who CiCi wants to become. Taking as little as she can get away with, she sips slowly at the alcohol, grateful when the party isn't too far away and she can put the still unusually full bottle down and exit the car.

Immediately she feels out of place and uneasy. The 'ten' people that this get together was supposedly going to be looks more like ten times ten, people filling the house as they enter. Red cups are shoved into their hands immediately, and CiCi quickly sets hers aside, beyond not wanting to drink she definitely doesn't want to drink something she didn't see mixed. Getting roofied tonight would only make things even worse for her.

"NO! Drink, C!" Brit whines.

"Not a cup I didn't see mixed, girl. I'll get my own." She chuckles lightly, heading through the house towards the kitchen to find a drink. Or at least so Brit thinks she's finding a drink.

"CiCi Moore, I should have known I'd find you here." She turns to see a guy she vaguely recognizes, she's pretty sure he does a lot of guest starring roles on tv shows and smaller parts in movies. A 'C' lister at best, but his short blonde hair and sharp jawline are good enough looking.

"I'd rather be home honestly, this is not smart or good for anyone." She sighs, not even trying to sugarcoat it.

"Sounds like you need a drink actually. We are all safe here. We all tested, we are all clear."