Nine

⚠️ TW// self harm ⚠️

Calum glances at his phone one last time before his fist connects with the door, pounding hard against the dark wood. He can hear shuffling from inside the room, Anger coursing through his body, arm muscles rippling as he clenches his fists over and over.

"Calum?" She fucking smirks, leaning against the doorframe dressed as if she knew he would show up. A black slip adorning her body, full makeup and a bright red lip color.

"What the fucking hell are you doing in Sydney?" He pushes the door open enough to step past her without actually pushing her.

"I don't owe you any explanation as to why I came to Sydney. Maybe I just needed to get the hell away from LA and this is where I decided I wanted to go. You don't own the city." She spins to face him, shutting the door as she does.

"No I don't own the city, but of all the cities in the whole fucking world you had to come to Sydney? While I am here! Do you know how much shit I'm in because you're here? Because you keep making these connections for us that the media eat up like candy. We are not together, CiCi! I'm not a toy in your game! Stop treating me like I am."

"Funny, you have initiated as much of this as I have, Hood. Stop blaming me for the shit show. You came to my house and told me you weren't gonna run, you initiated that round, and you liked every single bit of it. You like the attention I bring you, you like the excuses to see me. You didn't have to come over for your necklace, but you did. And you definitely did not have to track me down here in Sydney. But you did. This city is massive, we could have never seen each other! But here you are in my hotel room yelling at me." She bites right back.

"Because every fucking gossip sight, social media platform, and my own fucking band have already flipped over the fact that we are in the same city."

"Ya, same city. Not the same hotel. Not the same plans. But now you're here, interrupting my plans like you want this. Like you found out I was in the same place and you couldn't resist finding me."

"Don't act all innocent, CiCi! You're dressed up in lingerie as if you knew I would come."

"I'm in the same city as my king, I have to be ready for him if he comes calling. I wasn't ready the last time he stopped by and I wasn't making that mistake again." She giggles, twirling her fingers in her hair.

"You are the most insufferable woman I have ever met." Calum groans, running his hands over his head, "Why the fuck am I drawn to you when you are just playing a damn game! A game I don't want to be part of."

"Don't want to be a part of? Calum, you are in the game and you have put yourself here. Stop acting like I'm the only one in the wrong here. You've done as much shit as I have. If you don't want me then why the fuck did you tell me you liked me, that you wouldn't leave me, that I'd hear from you again!"

"See!" He calls out, pointing at her across the room, "Right there. You fucking played me, crying, upset, mad, vulnerable! How the hell am I supposed to believe you weren't waiting for me then too? You obviously know me well enough to know I'd show up today so who's to say you didn't know then?"

"I didn't!" Her facade drops slightly, something like pain and hurt flashing through her big eyes for a millisecond.

"You know what," He takes a deep breath, standing at full stature, "you want me then you're going to fucking dance for me. I can play games too."

"Wha—" Her question is interrupted as his body collides with hers, slamming her back against the door as his lips attach to hers.

"You call me daddy. You do what I tell you to do and nothing else. And if I tell you to do it, you do it without hesitation." He bites into her lower lip as he finishes speaking, pulling it just enough to make her whimper before letting go. "Got it?"