Twenty-One

CiCi

Liked by britbrat and 382,394 others

CiCi: I haven't seen a single person in like 3 weeks and yet I keep putting on my makeup... Honestly though, can I quarantine with someone? I'm starting to talk to inanimate objects over here.

Calum sighs, she'd done it again, her stupid subtle undertones. She wants someone to come be her company and she wants that someone to be him. Or maybe he wants that someone to be him..? Either way he climbs off his bed and finds his shoes and a mask, exiting the house with his keys and a wave to Roy who doesn't question him luckily.

It's nice to leave the house, to drive across town, the windows down and traffic lighter than it has ever been in LA. If he's being honest Calum had also been feeling a little stir crazy. He's supposed to be in Europe, seeing his sister, promoting the new album, preparing for tour... Instead he's stuck at home, can't even see his bandmates and the stark contrast to his normal is playing with his mind.

The break is also nice to an extent, but there is no doubt in his mind he would rather be doing what he loves and touring around the world this year. He'd rather be doing anything more normal than this is.

Pulling his car into the familiar circular drive in front of the mansion he hops out quickly, rapping his fingers against the door. He can hear shifting from the other side of the door after a couple minutes, smiling as CiCi pulls the door inward, her eyes knit together in confusion as she sees him standing in front of her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can't have my friend going crazy and talking to her coffee pot." He shrugs, "Figured you could use some company."

Her face splits into a grin before she chuckles a little bit, letting him into the house. "You are something else, Calum Hood."

"Actually, I'm just also bored as fuck. And visiting you is safer than most activities, since you are literally all alone here and I only see Roy right now."

"Whatever the reason, I appreciate it a lot." she smiles up at him. "I was actually thinking about going to lay in the sun and let my skin tan up a bit, but we can definitely do something else."

"I can sit in the sun, I always have a book or something to read. Even if we aren't talking a ton it will be nice to have a change of scenery and someone to hangout with."

"Okay, but I might talk, just so I can without feeling stupid." She laughs, "Did you bring like swim trunks or anything? I was kind of planning to maybe swim after to cool off."

"No, but I'm not afraid to be in my briefs around you, Lia" He shrugs, "As long as that won't make you uncomfortable."

"Works for me. I'm going to go change, I'll meet you out there in a couple minutes. And um, thanks, Calum, it means a lot to me that you came."

"Anytime." he nods, watching her head for the stairs before he wanders towards the backyard, shedding his shoes and shirt easily and setting them to the side of one of the lounge chairs. Sliding out of his wide leg slacks before settling himself into the warm chair and sighing, the sun already hot against his skin.