Seventeen

Is CalCi finished? Is CiCi back?

Video footage shared from a house party in Malibu's last night shows quite clearly CiCi Moore cuddled up close and kissing heavily an unknown man. CiCi has been linked with 5 Seconds of Summers Calum Hood for over two months, the couple never openly confirming the relationship, but both dropping multiple hints that it was real.

Old habits seem to die hard though, and at a party with best friend Brittany Bloom (credited for the Instagram video above) CiCi cozied up with the unknown guy quickly and easily. Much in the CiCi of the past fashion, but surprising given that it has been over three months since she has been seen or rumored with anyone but Hood.

Fans of Hood are flooding social media with outcry of anger towards CiCi, afraid their beloved bassist has been cheated on, and may be in deep pain from the split. Other fans fiercely defending that they had warned this would be the way things ended for CalCi if it became real. No comment or reaction from Hood or CiCi on the incident has been found, but CiCi's actions are speaking loudly for herself at least. The best we can hope is that Calum is taking care and focused more on the drop of his bands 4th album CALM in a few short weeks and not so much on his broken heart.

Calum watches the video again. And again. Pure torture and pain to do so, but he can't seem to look away. He had been warned of course. He knew the risk he was taking in getting close to her, but he can't help to have though he was actually reaching the person inside her. His Lia, the girl with a troubled mind and painful past, a girl he liked more than he'd ever liked someone in his life.

Naively he let his walls crumble at the tears and pain in her voice. His natural pull to her physically weakened him to this point. Watching some other guy touch her, hold her, kiss her... His own tears of anger and betrayal burning as he refuses to let them fall. The fact is he should have known, and he did know. He let himself get involved and he alone is to blame for the fact that he let her take so much control of him.

Startling as a knock comes at the front door he closes out of the article, wandering towards the door as he runs a hand over his face. Shocked to see Luke standing outside the peephole before he pulls the door inward.

"Luke?"

"Hey." His bandmates smiles sympathetically before crashing into him, taking him by surprise as he hugs himself around Calum tightly.

"What—?"

"We may not have approved of what you were doing with her but I know it still fucking hurts and you might have needed someone to talk to." Luke whispers.

"Thank you." Calum swallows hard, hugging his best friend back tightly.

"You wear your heart on your sleeve, Cal. I know you were falling hard for who you thought she was."

"Harder than I realized until I woke up to that video all over my Twitter feed." Calum mumbles, pushing the front door shut as he pulls away from Luke's hug.

"You can't fix people who don't want fixed, Cal." Luke sighs, guiding him back to the couch.

"I thought she wanted fixed. I thought she was making progress with her demons. She was opening up, she was talking to me, about real things. And then this..?" He shakes his head, burying the heels of his hands into his eyes as he attempts to stop the tears threatening to spill.

"It's okay to be upset, Cal, but in the nicest and most caring way possible, what else did you expect from CiCi Moore? Honestly. You knew her reputation..."

"I really thought maybe it could be different for us. She was vulnerable, and not just playing it up, she told me shit that she couldn't have made up. I've seen her scars, physically and mentally. I thought she trusted me, I thought she was going to keep her promises. The CiCi I knew the first time I slept with her is not the same girl I went to comfort four days ago when that article about us came out. I really thought she was turning a new leaf, that I would get to be a part of it. But you're right, I knew what she was, and I still let my guard down... so it's my own fault I am sitting here with my heart in my hands."

"I don't want you to think I'm saying I told you so, Cal. I just want to understand a little bit and mostly make sure you're okay. You don't get invested often, and I know you are more than just a little invested this time."

"Proof of why I really just need to not get involved or invested with anyone." Calum scoffs, "I always end up putting my heart out there and watching as it gets stomped on by the other person involved."

"You'll find it someday. You'll find someone who will hold your heart like it's more precious than diamonds. Someone who would do anything to protect it. Don't give up hope, she's out there."

"I'm gonna protect my own heart now. No one gets to touch it." Calum shakes his head.

"I wish you wouldn't go to extremes on this, Cal, but I guess you wouldn't be you if you didn't."

"It's been beat and broken too many times now. It can't take another break."

"What do you need right now, Cal?"

"Time." He shrugs, "I just need to become numb to it, just let it pass. Focus on the album and other things. She made her choice and I'm not going to fight her on it. I was trying to help and she chose not to accept it, and instead do this. That's on her."

"It is on her, Cal. This isn't your fault. It's hard to hold back your natural instinct to help anyone and everyone. And I know you truly believed you were doing that with her."

Calum just nods, "Can, can I have some space? I just— I need to deal with it on my own. I appreciate you coming over, but I just think space and time will give me some clarity and time to heal."

"Of course, Cal. But please, call me if you need anything, okay?"

"I will. Thanks Lukey. I love you."

"I love you too, Cal. And I am sorry this happened to you, really."

"I know." Calum nods softly, watching from the corner of his eye as Luke heads back out the front door.

***
CalumHood

Liked by CiCi, MichaelClifford, and 482,392 others

CalumHood: I hope you think of me highly...

Hoodmood: the CalCi shade in this caption. 👀👀👀

Wildflooower: take care baby. You deserve so much better than her.

Calumiscoming: the fact that CiCi had the audacity to like this post. Bitch gtfo! 😤

———————————
Cake moment.

Cal's got lots of feelings going on.

I really want your predictions of where you think this goes from here?

I updated tonight because Sav wasn't able to, and I could. Since we share so many readers it seemed like a good way to give y'all content tonight. If you read my stories and haven't read Sav's yet, go do it!!! She is my bestest friend ever (we met on Wattpad a year and a half ago and in person finally in September) and she is the most amazing person ever!!! Go show her some love!!! SavSOS_

Vote and comment!

I love you guys!!!

~M =)