Chatper 2

When Zachary looked up again, Mullroy, Murtogg, and Jack were on the Interceptor, slowly he made his way over to the ship.

".... And then they made me their chief." Jack explained leaning against the ship's railings. Murtogg and Mullroy continued to nod, intrigued. Jack smiled inwardly, "these fools." Just then, something fell from the side of the cliffs by the fort, Jack turned instantly and knew it was a woman. The four of them hurried to the bow of the ship, and Jack turned to the two men, "Will you be saving her then?"

"I can't swim," Mullroy confessed.

Jack turned to Murtogg who stared back at him before shaking his head. Jack let out a groan, "Pride of the King's Navy you are." He quickly unclipped his effects and shoved them in Murtoggs's hands, along with his hat. "Do not lose these," he said before diving into the water.

Zachary ran onto the ship to where the two Marines were and looked down at the spot where Jack had disappeared in the water.

The medallion, which Elizabeth had forgotten she was wearing floated out of her dress's bodice and immediately emitted a wave through the water.

"What was that?" asked Murtogg, looking at Mullroy and Zachary. The pair had both seen a ripple through the water.

Jack swam towards where he'd seen the girl fall in, but found him thrown back slightly. He managed to see her falling to the bottom of the bay and swam quickly. He grabbed her around the waist and pushed up from the floor with his feet, but was quickly dragged back down. He removed the layer of the golden dress from Elizabeth, leaving her in her white undergown. Just as he emerged from the water and swam to the docks.

Zachary ran to the stairs where Jack was swimming too, to help him get Miss Swann on the shore.

"Thanks, mate," he mumbled, Murtogg and Mullroy quickly rushed over, helping Zachary place her on the dock. "Ooh, I got her," said Murtogg. "She's not breathing."

"It's her corset!" Zachary said somewhere in the back of Jack.

He'd suspected that was the case and quickly pulled Murtogg out of the way, "Move!" He pulled out a dagger and quickly slit the corset and Elizabeth began to spit out water, gasping for air. Jack quickly tossed the remains of the corset to Murtogg.

"Never would have thought of that," Mullroy said.

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore." Jack quipped.

Zachary rushed over, pushing Jack out of the way and sitting next to Jack and checking on Elizabeth. Jack watched the boy with the dark brown hair and ocean blue eyes tend to his friend for a moment before something shiny caught his eye. Hanging around the girl's neck was a medallion. "Not possible." Jack thought suddenly. He picked it up just as Elizabeth had begun to regain consciousness properly, "Where did you get that?" he asked.

Elizabeth looked up at him wary but scared. Zachary had recognized it, it was the medallion that Will's father had sent to him all those years ago, Will thought he'd lost it in the shipwreck. How did it ever end up in Elizabeth Swann's possession? Will had been devastated when he found out he'd lost it, it was one of the few things he had brought with him from his old life, everything else had been destroyed alongside the ship that they'd traveled on. Zachary automatically reached out to it.

Just then, Jack felt the cold steel of a blade under his chin and quickly raised his hands, "On your feet." said Norrington.

Zachary looked up and saw Commodore Norrington pointing his sword at Jack, surrounded by Marines.

As Jack slowly stood up, Governor Swann emerged from between the members of the navy and quickly took off his coat, helping Elizabeth up. "Elizabeth, are you alright?" he asked concerned.