Chapter 20

Will and Elizabeth sat together with the Governor, who was helping them plan the foundation of the wedding, which was to take place a few months from now. "Have you decided on a dress yet, my dear?" asked the Governor.

Elizabeth grinned, "Father! You cannot ask me about such things, especially in front of my fiancé. Will cannot hear the slightest information about my wedding dress, regardless if it is just a simple a question such as 'have you decided on one yet?'"

Will merely grinned as the Governor nodded to his daughter with a smile, "You and your superstitions," he murmured, pouring them all another round of tea. "I thought you were beyond all ghost stories."

Elizabeth frowned slightly, "After what happened a fair few weeks ago, I think I am right to have some skepticism when it comes to the existence of the unnatural."

"Too right you do," said Will as he took a small sip of tea.

The Governor merely looked in Will's direction, clearly not pleased with his daughter's choice in marriage. While the Governor had no objections to the wedding, it did not mean he had to like it. He was giving away his only daughter to a man who was, as of two weeks ago, a commoner.

Suddenly Elizabeth piped up, "We have not thought of a guest list yet." she said, covering her mouth with her hand. "What use is there in planning a wedding, if we have not yet sent out any invitations. People may have other engagements."

"I think people will find time to come to the wedding, Elizabeth. It's going to be a major event. All those of high standing will know the date is still pending." the Governor replied.

"It is a pity, Zachary is not here. He would have been a great help. Not to mention a great source of comfort for you Elizabeth." said Will, as Elizabeth grabbed a piece of parchment and a pen.

She sighed in response, "I was hoping that he would have chosen to stay. But Gillette would not have let him rest peacefully or shift in peace either in Port Royal. He would have dogged Zachary every step. But it would have been nice to have another person here. He would have been an excellent man of honor."

"He would have solved every problem that we will undoubtedly have in seconds," Will said with a smile. "He was the one who disabled the Commodore's ship when we left the bay."

The Governor looked up in surprise, "was he?" Will nodded in response and asked the Governor why he sounded so surprised. "Zachary was always a strange child, but I found out that he was shapeshifter and the last know surviver of his kind. He was quite resourceful when the moment called for it.

"I remember him stitching up my dress with corn hairs one time, it was quite funny," Elizabeth remembered as she looked out of the window and to the bay. "I wonder where he is right now."

"And here we are, the Isla de Muerta," Jack said in a bored tone as they reached the cursed island once more. The crew cheered before Gibbs noticed the weary looks on both Zachary and Jack's faces.

"Captain, you look awfully sullen at the prospect of returning to the Isla de Muerta," Gibbs said, as he approached Jack, who exchanged a look with Zachary.

"We've been here three hundred times, the novelty's scent sort of worn off," Zachary said suddenly, as he followed Cotton towards the longboats.

"But what about the treasure?" Gibbs asked as he turned to look at the shadow of the island over his shoulder. "Surely that ought to pique your interest, aye?"

Jack rolled his eyes as he headed down from the helm. "There's only so much treasure one can have in the world Master Gibbs. And this-" he waved towards the island, "is not the pinnacle of a valuable chest in the sea."