Chapter 22

It had been over two weeks since Zachary and Jack had decided to take their relationship to the physical level.

Actually, there was no relationship. Once the pair had sorted out the 'wants' as directed by the compass which didn't have much to do with emotions, they found that they were content with keeping things at that level only.

Anamaria and Zachary stood out on the balcony of a small inn, overlooking the shore. Below them, hundreds of people milled around, going about their usual business. The smell of freshly fried Gulab jaamans wafted up into the thick Indian air. They reached the country a few days ago, and whilst there, Zachary had fallen in love with the art of tattoos. He'd found the experience quite enjoyable. He and Anamaria had picked out several matching tattoos, all of which pertained to their time together on the Black Pearl thus far. Zachary's arms were covered with various drawings of ships, birds, wolves, even a few runes that he had learned about. Hidden in between the ink of a sword and a phoenix were two sets of initials, W.T. and E.S. Anamaria had approved of Zachary's small nod to two of his closest friends.

"Do you ever think about getting your own ship?" Zachary asked as they headed back into their room.

Anamaria snorted, "Don't be silly. There's an unlikely chance that I'll ever be allowed to captain my own ship. Men would find it hard to trust me, or my orders."

Zachary rolled his eyes as he collapsed onto his bed, the white kurta pajama he was wearing fluttered beside him. "Yes, but you're not trying to join the high ranks of the class system, are you? Pirates do whatever the hell they want, don't they?"

Anamaria gave a slight nod, "That's true. But I'm not going to have to get a ship right now. I mean, I could just go on land for a bit. Lord knows that I would prefer to stay on land for a while, especially after that hurricane."

"Amen to that," muttered Zachary, as he got up. "I'm going-"

"-to go see where Jack is," Anamaria said, finishing up his sentence with a raised eyebrow. She chose her next few words carefully, knowing that the topic she was going to mention wasn't one of Zachary's favorites. "Are you and Sparrow going to talk about where you are?"

Zachary bit his lip, running a hand through light dark brown colored hair. "I don't really know to be perfectly honest. I mean, I want to go around the world and explore everything there is to offer. And I want to do it when I'm young, not ten or twenty years from now. Besides, I don't think that Jack is likely to take a pup or even pups for that matter. We both want different things." Zachary said as he was the one to tell her, his secret about what happened to him.

Zachary did a bit for reading because his wolf will always take control and ran far away from the crew or growled at anyone that came near him and found out that if his kind was ever died out and if there was an only survivor, they will become pregnant right away even if it was their first time mating, if the only survivor was a male or female, their wolf's will take control and decided for them to be breed with or breed someone to hold their pups but mostly the wolf will choice to be breed with since they will survive the pregnancy of their pups and the pups will live but if the wolf decided to breed with a human then their pups and their human mate would mostly die during the pregnancy. So he told Anamaria about the pregnancy and she helped him, every step of the way since he didn't know if he was going to give birth as a wolf or the normal way or that his pups will be here in two months or are they going to be here in ten months.

"But you both want each other." Anamaria countered as she opened the door for Zachary. "... but you want the sea and your pups... And he the sea" she added as an afterthought.

"Two things versus a thousand," Zachary replied with a small smile as he left.

Anamaria gave a short laugh as she shut the door, "A thousand excuses."