Chapter 9

When Zachary finally woke up and headed back upstairs he was surprised to see that Jack Sparrow was still awake. He didn't like it at all. Jack, while he was rebellious and more mischievous than any man Zachary had ever met, Zachary didn't seem to be bothered by Jack's lack of morals, not to mention that he'd constantly be objectifying him. In fact, Zachary's Wolf was quite pleased with the amount of attention they got from Jack.

Jack was currently standing on the deck, as he has been there the entire night. If Zachary hadn't known any better, he would have thought that Jack was a statue. Jack spotted Zachary coming up the steps and quickly moved away from him, who stopped as he smelled the fear raiding off Jack because he was afraid that Zachary was going to attack him again. Jack nodded to him, "Zachary."

"Jack." he said, "have you not slept?" Zachary asked Jack, whose eyes showed signs of sleep deprivation.

"I don't need to sleep." Jack grinned, with such pride that one would think he had just announced he was the new King of England. "And you don't know where you're going, now do you?" Zachary smirked before he was about to say that he was wrong, but stopped since he had noticed that Jack was a bit shivering since his back was exposed to the slight breeze, he walked the rest of the stairs to the helm and hugged Jack from behind as Zachary rested his head on his shoulder.

Jack had instinctively leaned into his body heat, He'd become quite accustomed to the feeling of Zachary's soft hair brushing against his shoulder and his hot breath on his neck. Jack actually began to enjoy the feeling if anything.

"So where are we heading at anyway?" Zachary began, as he held Jack a bit more tightly, "where does it point to?"

He smirked in response, "If you didn't attack me, love, I might have told you today."

"If you didn't put Will in danger then I wouldn't have attacked." Zachary corrected, as Jack guided the ship along.

"That's oddly depressing, don't you think?" Jack replied, who snuggled more into Zachary embrace and warmth.

Zachary noticed that Jack was struggling to keep his eyes open, "Do you want to sleep Jack?" He asked as he moved his head a bit to look at Jack in the eyes. "No, love, I'm fine." Jack said sleepily before continuing, "and you don't know where we are heading anyway."

Zachary smiled before moving away from Jack, who was about to protest about leaving him but Zachary was already below deck. Jack saw Zachary coming up the steps and pulling out a map, "The sailors left their charts here, so I think I know where we are going." He placed them on the table by the helm and pointed at a small piece of land labeled Tortuga.

The two of them crowded around it, and Jack's smirk disappeared, "Oh. Well," he straightened up. "Just keep going to the northeast mate," he said to Zachary, as he produced a compass he'd found below. "I guess I will be heading to the Captain's quarters, then."

"Allow me to show you around your ship, Captain," Zachary said, holding an arm out towards the stairs.

"Ah, I don't think that will be at all necessary Lowell," Jack said, eyeing him warily.

"Please, It can help my wolf to know that you have forgiven me," Zachary said, from the helm.

"Fine." Jack signed before heading down the stairs with Zachary right behind him. The moment they had entered the captain's quarters, Zachary grabbed Jack by the arm, pulled him into a big hug before closing the door on his way out.

Zachary took a moment to collect his thoughts before returning to the upper decks.

Jack was quite pleased to see all of the weapons and supplies the Navy had left in the room. He picked up a few guns, handled a few swords, before making his way to the large bed towards the back of the room.