Chapter 6

Zachary had spent the better part of two hours searching the streets for Will and managed to find him lying face down on a road, a small lump on the back of his head. He bent down and splashed some water from a nearby barrel on him, which quickly awoke him. He sat up, rubbing his eyes before jumping up and nearly knocking Zachary over, "Elizabeth!" he cried.

"She's gone, Will. For hours now. We need to get to the Fort and talk to Norrington." Zachary said, grabbing him by the arm and leading him to the fort.

"What happened?" asked Will.

"Long story short, Elizabeth's been kidnapped, the Commodore and her father are setting out to find her. I've spent the last few hours looking for you, and here we are." He said as they reached the Fort.

Zachary led him into the room where Norrington and Swann were hovering over a map, surrounded by several other soldiers. "They've taken her. They've taken Elizabeth!" said Will, looking directly at Norrington.

Norrington didn't bother to look up, "Mr. Murtogg, remove them now."

A soldier moved to grab Will and another to grab Zachary. Will moved out of the soldier's reach and to the table, "We have to hunt them down. We must save her."

Norrington looked up, and Will was able to see the worry in them tearing him apart. "And where do you propose we start? If you have any information concerning my daughter please share it." said the Governor sharply.

Murtogg spoke, "That Jack Sparrow. He talked about the Black Pearl."

"Mentioned it, is more what he did," said Mullroy.

Will looked at the other men in the room, as well as Zachary, "Ask him where it is." He spoke directly to Norrington, "Make a deal with him. He could lead us to it."

Norrington shook his head, "No . . . the pirates who invaded this fort left Sparrow locked in his cell, ergo they are not his allies." He turned to Swann and said, "Governor, we will establish their most likely course . . ."

Zachary decided that there too many ego's in the same room, leaving the men like this wouldn't do anything. While they were quarrelling with each other, all of them full of pride, the pirates where taking his friend further and further away, the longer they waited with doing something, the smaller the chance would be that they found Elizabeth again.

"You know Norrington", Zachary spoke up, "If you had the choice, where would you be at this very moment, sticking in Port Royal, waiting for a solution to pop up out of nowhere, or would you search for Elizabeth Swann yourself?"

Commodore Norrington looked up from his map, "It's Commodore Norrington for you Mister Zachary, and to answer your question, I am bound by the Navy to do this according to the rules and there is no other way I want to do this."

"Come on Commodore", Zachary mocked with his title, "Forget about the rules and follow your hart for once!" Commodore Norrington chose to ignoring Zachary.

Will was fed up and threw his hatchet into the table, through the map. "That's not good enough!" he shouted.

Zachary was surprised, he'd never seen Will this riled up before, and he was beginning to think this was a Will that would become a great shapeshifter like him.

Norrington turned to Will, positively livid. "Mr. Turner, you are not a military man, you are not a sailor." He pulled the hatchet out of the table and thirsted it back in Will's hands. "You are a blacksmith and this is not the moment for rash actions." He grabbed Will and Zachary out of the room. "Do not make the mistake of thinking you are the only man here who cares for Elizabeth," he whispered, before leaving them to go back to his work.