Going to the competition

After we tried the costumes on we ran the group dance until it was perfect. Lucy made Harry leave. He kept saying how he thought that I should be in classes with kids my age. Then Abby taught me and Lucy the duet we ran it a billion times before she taught me my solo. That dance was ran most of the night it was about me always living in someone's shadow then at the very end I get a chance to shine. She says I need to do it Better then Maddie would to prove myself. When we finally called it a night it was 11pm she called us all in at 6 tomorrow morning for the bus to take us to competition sadly I must bring harry this time. That makes me VERY nervous.

-------------

6am Saturday

"Good-morning Maggie Lucy is on her way she's not originally on the team as you know so she Is not used to the schedule but she will be here." Miss Abby greeted me in her normal ruff voice but also like she cared. If you know what I mean. Harry helped me lift my suitcase up onto the bus and we picked two seats next to each other. I really do miss having harry here all the time. He has never seen me dance except for about 3 years ago when I was six and sucked!

"Maggie wake up we're here." Harry's voice wakes me up from my deep sleep. I walk of the bus and into our small dressing room. I over hear miss Abby telling Maddie that she signed her up to do an old solo. I'm not stupid I know that miss Abby doesn't think I can do it but today I'm determined to prove her wrong! I will beat justice and Maddie... I hope.

"Alright girls first up is Maddie's solo then Maggie's after that is Maggie and Lucy's duet then finally the group dance. Maggie you have to follow Maddie so you have to be extra great or else there gonna think you don't compare to Maddie." After that I put my makeup on and did my hair. I was told to have harry help me into my costume so it doesn't rip. I know what your thinking gross he's gonna see her naked! It's not a big deal he's my older brother I'm nine nothings gonna happen!!!!

Maddie just finished a perfect solo ending with 12 clean turns into a leap to the ground. Now I'm nervous next is me then justice what if I can't do it. " number 137 Maggie from Abby lee dance company performing to the Christmas shoes." And that's my cue. I walked onto the stage and rolled to the ground. The music started and suddenly I forgot everyone was watching I just danced my heart out. By the end tears were streaming down my face I did 15 perfect turns and nailed many jumps! The song always gets me though. If you haven't heard christmas shoes you should definitely look it up its so touching! I stood up and walked off the stage I could see people wiping their eyes and many people gave me a standing ovation one of them....WAS ABBY????!!!!!!!??????? Did not see that coming.

When I looked behind me justice was scared out of his mind! Yay! Then I looked and saw Maddie she had a smirk on her face when I asked her what she was smiling about she says that's the best you got?

We got back to the room and immediately got changed Abby said "great job girls and I have no criticism. " then harry and Lucy told me how great I did. After I performed my duet almost flawlessly I got in my costume for the group dance. After the group dance it was time for awards.

Before I got on stage harry had a few words to say to me so I just listened. " you we beautiful today don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I ever knew you could dance that good. You look like you owned the stage and you really sold the story. Don't worry about winning, loosing, or anything Abby says you were the best one of the night to every person out there because you told a story through your dance. I love you so much princess your my baby girl and you will always be my favorite girl." Then I say something I wish I didn't but I needed to know. " what about Selena don't you love her more?" And his face went from shocked to hurt to soft to sympathetic. He replied "I love Selena so much but my love for you is way stronger then anything else I love you to the moon and back, infinity and beyond nothing will ever change that no one can change that." And with that he kissed my head and left me to walk on stage and hear the announcement of how well I ranked.

The one thing I couldn't get out of my head was Maddie's smirk.