eight

Headline: Jeon Communications Holds Charity Event: Kim Hana of Kim Law Firm to be the First on Their Guest List?

"I thought I'd take you out to get a dress or something - do girls even do that anymore? Probably not - was that sexist? Wait- I didn't mean that girls have to wear dresses just that I wanted to take you on a shopping spree," he rambles on for a bit before finally growing quiet and smiling at me. I furrow my eyebrows and I hold the pillow steady.

"Usually Mira and I go shopping together. It's more of a girls' thing," I drag out my sentence and he doesn't budge.

"Does this spree include lunch?" I ask suspiciously.

"Sure," he grumbles and I instantly grin.

"I'll ask Mira then," I let go of the pillow and walk over to Mira's room.

***

"Wait what?" I feel like something in me got slapped.

"Yeah, I have something on," Mira mumbles, not meeting my eyes and rubbing the back of her neck. She continues running her fingers through her closest looking for an outfit though I know her well enough to know that she's just avoiding eye contact.

I know her schedule - she has nothing on today.

And then, the bright light dawns on me.

"You called Jungkook here to babysit me while you're out?" I deadpan. She scrunches her nose.

"I wouldn't put it as 'babysit'-"

"Lee Mira!"

"I didn't want to leave you alone! I felt bad!" Mira protests as I gawk.

"So- you- called- him?" I demand.

"He's the only friend you've made in this industry!" Mira's excuse makes no sense.

"I'm going to murder you," I whisper, unable to find words to express my feelings. She ignores me which probably makes my morning a thousand times worse.

My best friend ditches me for some event I don't even know about. And apparently Jungkook's my dearest best friend now!

I start pouting and she sighs, finally putting her hands on my shoulders.

"I'll tell you about this another time, just not now," she promises and I look her in the eyes. She had her reasons and I trusted her.

"I hope your day sucks," I cross my arms in mock anger.

"See you at the charity," Mira smiles coyly and I lightly hit her shoulder.

"Today's going to be awful," I mutter bitterly.

"Have fun on your date, yeah?" she winks as she ducks out of her room to the toile.

"Yah!" I shout after her.

***

I sigh as I stand in front of Jungkook, who is casually scrolling through his phone. He makes a show of looking up before he smirks.

"So, bestie, what's on our agenda today?" he coos. I roll my eyes.

"At least try to be a good best friend substitute," I click my tongue disapprovingly.

"Lunch?" he ignores my comment and stands up, a whole head taller than me. I purse my lips in thought before checking for the time on my phone.

"I'm not that hungry. Can we go looking for some outfit for tonight first?" I ask as I grab the keys off the table. He tucks his hands in the pockets of his jeans.