twenty-two

Headline: Catch Second Flight of CEOs Leave Korea

Mira asks if I want to talk about it and I shake my head. She nods understandingly. We take turns showering and changing before going to our separate beds. She takes time to call Taehyung, which reminds me of Jungkook, after drawing the curtains.

I'm just in over my head. I need to sleep on this.

But all that's flashing through my head are memories of Jungkook. Our conversations, shopping trips, meals, events - everything. The warm feeling I used to have around him has turned sour knowing that it's gone.

I fall asleep to Mira softly chatting with Taehyung.

***

A sharp ring jolts me awake. Mira's scrambling up too. I identify the phone as the source of the noise and Mira picks it up before I do. I fall back on my bed and rub at my eyes as Mira starts humming in response. She groans as she hangs up.

"Ara's going to be downstairs in an hour, we have to get ready," Mira grumbles as she lands on her bed with a soft thump.

"Why'd you agree?" I ask tiredly, brows furrowed as I fumble for my phone. The time is 7am.

"I wanted to give you a chance to speak to Jungkook again in case whatever argument y'all had just needed y'all to sleep on it," she defends herself.

"I can't fix it," I say.

"Why not?"

"I told him I want to be acquaintances," I pause to laugh humorlessly, "But now we're enemies."

"Why?" she asks softly.

"Mira," I say, my heart pounding as I prop myself up on my elbows to look at Mira, "I like him."

She freezes before slowly sitting up. It takes a moment before she walks over and hugs me. She knows too-well about Jae from high school. Jae and I dated for two years before I realised that he was just toying with me whilst waiting for his actual girlfriend to return from Australia. I don't think his girlfriend knew - how would she?

Needless to say, it really changed me.

Mira slowly rubs my back.

"I'm here for you."

"I know," I smile grimly as she pulls away.

"So you don't want to talk to him anymore because...?"

"He likes Ara. What's the point? He won't have time to be friends with me so why be friends? And it's not like Ara doesn't like him back. I don't fit in the equation," I say defeatedly. Mira looks around the dim room thoughtfully.

"If you think so, then I'll support you. We'll just have to see how things play out," she says slowly, thinking about every word. I take a few seconds before I hum in agreement.

"Till then, if you're not going to hop into the shower first, I'm going," she says half jokingly. I laugh tiredly.

"You can go ahead first, I'm going to pick out my clothes first," I wave her off and she slowly pads over to the bathroom. I fling my suitcase open and start carefully pulling out my sets of outfits that I'd already planned out in Korea (for convenience). I'm pretty much surrounded by walls of clothes when someone knocks on the door.

"I'm getting it," I call out to Mira and she shouts an "okay!" back. I sigh, starting to pull my hair up as I open the door. It's Jungkook. I don't think I've ever mulled over his name so much in such a short amount of time. After the lovely epiphany I had last night, I now am suddenly aware of a lot of things about Jungkook.