three

Headline: More on the Lawsuit of the Century

My finger doesn't tremble as it hits the button to his floor.

There's no point regretting this, Hana. you're already here. If this sucks, just make it better. That's the spirit. You can so do this.

My phone dings as a text comes in.

Minnie: you still alive?

I roll my eyes and grumble as I furiously type a response.

Me: no, im very much decayed.

Before I can read her response, the lift dings. Shoving my phone into the pocket of my wool cardigan, I inhale and start walking out. There are some offices here, but I instantly recognise his. It's the biggest, most obnoxious one. I read the names that are hung outside the rooms, recalling some of them.

How do I remember these people and not the damn CEO himself? Jesus.

Unlike the other offices which walls are all of glass, Jungkook's is wooden. Privacy, I suppose.

Trying to shake off the feeling that this is unnecessarily overdramatic, I give myself a few seconds before I knock.

"The door's unlocked. Help yourself in," his voice is muffled behind the doors.

With that, I twist the cold doorknob and walk in. I try not to be impressed by his office - but how could I not? His view out the window is far better than mine since his office is on a higher level than mine. His aesthetic is dark blue and wood, with the same warm lights I have. In the middle of the freezing room, the man himself. Hair not as gelled as from the meeting but rather in a soft mop that rests on his head, attire not as formal as our previous encounter, eyes not grey - but it's him.

He has shit eyesight too, I see. Pun not intended.

He wears thin-rimmed glasses that sit in front of his brown eyes and he is writing something, not looking at me. His desk is a thousand times neater than mine, something Mira would swoon over. It's wood and has an iMac with a stack of books. I doubt he reads them.

This really is impromptu. Maybe I should've done this another day. God. Well, too late.

"You know, this could've been done over a phone call," he remarks with a cheeky smile, finally looking up and resting his chin on his hands as he eyes my messy self. I smile forcefully.

Yeah, I knew that.

"Just thought a face-to-face conversation would prevent any further miscommunication," I say smoothly.

Nice save.

"Mmhm," he nods slowly - unconvincingly - as his hand elegantly gestures to the sofa at the side of the room. I drag my feet and plop down. He takes his time, removing his glasses, setting them down on his table before sitting down across me. He's in a white shirt and baby blue sweatpants.

"Let's cut to the chase," I lean forward, clapping my hands - as if the quick clap will wake me up.

"Quite the attire you've got on there," he smirks as he leans back into the couch. I tilt my head and squeeze my eyes shut.

No, no, I don't want a conversation.

"Speak for yourself. Besides, I've been working from 7am till now," I retort.

"It's 5. What do you mean you've been working since 7?" he frowns slightly.

"I mean since yesterday. I got up at 7, went to work, and I've been at work ever since. I've been awake for more than 20 hours," I groan in frustration.

"So have I," he defends himself.

"Your point?" I mumble as I squint at him.

"My point is, we both look shit because we haven't slept yet," he offers, leaning forward and clasping his hands. I frown at that, unsure of how to respond.

***

"And then, Mira just shows up and kicks him in the nuts!" I chortle loudly, the alcohol in my glass swinging about dangerously. I'm sprawled out on the sofa, Jungkook right beside me. He's as out of it as I am, leaning against me and laughing his guts out too. At some moment, he moved over to sit beside me.

My glasses are on the table. I took them off at some point. I can't tell if it's the alcohol or my glasses that is causing my vision to be blurred. It's all bubbles of laughter and incoherent words - yet it fills me up with some kind of relief. I've never loosened up this much.

I'm sooooo messed up.

"I guess we were both wimps in some way," his words are slurred and the alcohol in his glass spills over slightly onto his shirt. I let out a bitter laugh at that and down the remaining alcohol in my glass in one shot. I let my head follow gravity and it rolls to rest against Jungkook's shoulder.

"Why's life so difficult?" I groan, my voice raspy from the booze.

"It's not - we just make it difficult," he replies drunkenly. His words sit for a while and it takes me that long to realise he's not talking anymore. I put my glass down and giggle.

"Say," I fling my hand towards his windows, "Why's it still so dark?"

"Oh, I closed the curtains after we started drinking," he yawns. I nod at that. My head feels heavy, constantly dropping, only for me to jerk back awake. It's quiet for a few minutes before I speak up.

"What time is it?" my words are stretched out thinly. I don't even bother looking at Jungkook as he quickly raises his right hand, hitting my chin. I yelp out in indignance, earning a mumbled apology from him as he realises that his watch is on his left hand.

"9 in the morning," he groans as he leans more heavily on me. No emotions hit me as I nod in acknowledgement.

"Well, shit," are my last words before I give in to fatigue.