eleven

Headline: Bombs Go Off in JC's Charity Event, Cause Unknown

Ever since the gunshots went off, I hadn't looked at my phone. In the safe room, I didn't look at it. And I certainly didn't look at it in the car on the way back. Trust me, my phone had been vibrating so much that I just shut it down. I guess I was just afraid of what I'd see.

But now, in warm pyjamas (and an extra hoodie on top because it is extra cold) in my own house with someone else with me, I feel safer. Jungkook's in the shower now after I found him a set of pyjamas I'd bought some time ago that were way too many sizes big. I'm still extremely on edge about Mira - which is why I started calling every hospital and authority I could contact to ask about her whereabouts. No one could answer me - I was kept in the dark.

I'm pacing around the hallway, not going into Mira's room, not going into my room, not going into the workroom and not going into our music room (yes, we have a grand piano that Mira and I both play). I feel unsafe, like I'm being watched, and I'm just waiting for Jungkook to come out so that I am not alone.

Is that cowardly of me? Maybe.

I hug myself even though there is no comfort it brings.

I hear the water turn off and in a minute, Jungkook comes out. It's then that I realise how truly oversized the pajamas would have been on me. It's loose on Jungkook too.

"Why're you in the hallway?" he asks in confusion, hair slightly damp and cheeks red from the hot shower. I rub the back of my neck. Snapshots of smoke grenades and screams fill my head.

"I don't feel... very safe, if you catch my drift," I mumble awkwardly. He smiles sadly and holds my hand.

"Let's go sleep," he gently tugs me towards my room. I let him pull me along - it has been an overwhelming day.

The lights from the buildings outside my window create a warm ambience in my room

The lights from the buildings outside my window create a warm ambience in my room. My feet feel warm against the carpet and I stretch. The clock on the bedside table reads 1:37am.

"Try to get some sleep, we'll talk more tomorrow once we're calmer," his voice is tired and soft. I nod, slipping into my bed as he starts to draw the curtains. I face the windows, my heart still beating quickly. I don't usually close my curtains but I let Jungkook do as he wishes.

My eyes follow his silhouette as he starts lying on the couch at the end of my bed.

Oh, he's going to sleep on the couch.

I immediately sit up and sensing this, he sits up too.

"I'll go get you a blanket or something," I murmur as I start looking through my closet. Padding over to him, I hand it over.

"Sleep well," he yawns as he starts to lay down again. It takes some time before I can actually sleep.

***