twenty-six

Headline: Fire in Shangri-La Hotel Under Investigation, Summit to Continue

"When did you realise?" I ask casually as I glance over at Jungkook who looks like he would genuinely throw himself out the window if any jump-scares happened. It's pitch-black and the movie provides no light either since it's also a dreary dark scene. I'm still mildly freaking out so I'm on the other end of the bed, even further than I would've been sitting at while we were friends.

"Somewhere in July when we stopped talking and I realised I really missed you," he says, shooting me a quick smile. I turn my body to fully face him, my legs tucked up so that my chin rests on my knees. I should be overrun with joy but the only question that's pulsing through my veins is what now?

Do I ask him out? What does this make us now?

"I don't want to watch this poor girl get murdered anymore," Jungkook turns to face me and his brows suddenly furrow.

"Why're you all the way on that side?" he asks in confusion. I stutter out of my daze and chuckle nervously before sitting closer to him.

"Are you nervous?" he breaks out in a cheeky smile.

"No. Why would I be nervous?" I shoot back. His grin grows.

"You are nervous!" he exclaims excitedly.

"Yeah. Tomorrow's a big day, why wouldn't I be nervous?" I clear my throat, turning to face the TV where blood is gushing out of so many people. The bed dips as he scoots over.

"Was my confession that bad?" he asks and I can hear the pout in his voice. I shake my head with a small laugh.

"I just," I turn to face him, "What are we now?"

He tilts his head before laughing.

"Kim Hana, I just confessed and you're asking what we are?" he asks incredulously.

"Well- yeah," I say sheepishly. He fully moves over so that we are shoulder to shoulder and his arm slings around my shoulders and he pulls me closer to him.

"I guess that means we're dating," he says confidently but I can feel his heart racing. I smile softly.

"Isn't that cute," I say.

"Was that sarcasm?" he asks, sitting a little straighter.

"Oh a hundred percent," I reply without missing a beat.

"I have done nothing to deserve this treatment," he retorts but it comes out sluggishly since we're both so tired.

"Whatever," I yawn.

***

My eyes fly open in a hurry. I'm late. I fumble for my phone and when the light pierces my eyes, I see that it is 3am. I furrow my brows and rub at my eyes as I take in the scene. I'm in bed and the room looks spotless. Mira's breathing quietly in her bed and suddenly I'm confused.

Did last night happen?

I get out of bed for water and see a CD with the most gruesome cover. I wince and grin at the same time. Last night happened.

***

"Hana. get up, rehearsals are starting," Mira groans before lying on my bed. I swat at her as I scoot away.

"What time is it?'

"Five."

"Five?!" I groan.

"Gotta get prepared," she yawns.

"Mira I truly do not care-"

"Morning to you too, Kim," I hear Jungkook's warm voice and my heart does a double take.

"Yeah, he knocked on our door for ever until I woke up and opened it," Mira mumbles as she gets off my bed. The bed dips again and I get a whiff of Jungkook's vanilla perfume.

"Wake up," he says, shaking my shoulders as I hear the shower start to run.

"Let me sleep till Mira's done," I mumble and he's about to argue back.

"It's so cold," I groan as I desperately try to absorb any form of warmth. Suddenly, his warm hands cover my icy fingers.

"Why're you so warm?" my voice comes out muffled.

"I just am warm," he replies.

"Do you have your clothes for today laid out?" he asks softly and I nod. We rest in comfortable silence as I slowly grow more awake.

***

The darkness of the morning only becomes more apparent as Jungkook and I wait for the lift. Mira's gone to have the most early breakfast with Taehyung.

And for some reason, Jungkook and I have grown extremely shy. We cannot seem to be able to stand a few inches away from each other and not look away. I'm intimidated by his presence and he's intimidated by mine. But it's awkward and I don't know how to fix it, so I remain silent.

"Why're we acting so awkward?" I laugh too loudly and too quickly once we're in the lift. He laughs back but it's short and nervous.

"I've never done this before," he says. I falter a bit.

I have. And it hurt.

"Well, I hope this relationship serves us both well then," I say. He chortles before I can correct myself.

"What?" he laughs out loudly and I laugh too. The strange tension is lifted.

"I don't know! How comfortable are you with me? Is PDA okay? Is holding your hand too clingy? Am I looking at you too much? Should I pretend to not see you when I do?" I'm rambling and he stares at me, cheeks slightly pink.

"Well, firstly," he says grandly as he intertwines his fingers with mine, "I'm more than okay with holding your hand and even PDA-" he pauses to wiggle his brows, "- But honestly as long as you're comfortable, I'm good. If you're not comfortable with anything, let me know."

He's serious about every word he says and I admire that. I'm also slightly woozy from the fact that he's holding my hand. I am a true romantic at heart.

"Are flowers good for you?" I tease. His eyes widen.

"Oh, yes, most definitely. I love a good bouquet. I would especially appreciate the ones with notes and cash in them," he says airily and I laugh.