28.Chapter

I looked at the person standing in my room, only to be greeted by the same brown eyes I fell in love with a few years back.
"What are you doing here, Jungkook?"
Silence. I slowly stood up, making my way towards him. To say that I was nervous was an understatement. I was burning inside. Every emotion I had was crashing down, because of him. I loved him, so I was happy. I was sad and angry that he wasn't telling me the truth.
One side of me wanted to jump straight into his arms, hug and kiss him, while the other side wanted to slap him and throw him out of the flat.

I took deep breaths trying to calm down. I bit my lip thinking about what I should do. No one was talking. The awkward silence was so nerve racking, I couldn't take it anymore.
"Jungkook." I saw how his worried eyes slowly started to shine.
"Yes?" He replied. I just signed. I bet he was thinking I would say something different than what I was gonna say.
"What are you doing here at this hour? How did you even come in?" I questioned.
His smile slowly dropped, but he quickly composed himself.
"I wanted to talk to you."
I raised an eyebrow at his response.
"And that's why you had to wake me up while I was sleeping?"
"I'm really sorry, I just couldn't wait anymore. The excitement took over me."
I bit my lip, frustrated at his answer. I knew why jungkook came here. I could sense it in the way he behaved. I was afraid to make him sad, to disappoint him.  But that's life. No matter what you'll choose you'll always disappoint someone. Maybe even yourself.
"I really think you should go now." I said.
Jungkook frowned.
"Why? I just arrived." He replied.
I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. He probably didn't get it.
"It's late at night and I need my beauty sleep." I explained, only saying half of the truth.
"Then I'll come visit you in the morning."
"No." I exclaimed.
"I've got work tomorrow. It would be to stressful." I said.
"Tomorrow's Saturday." Jungkook stated.
Fuck. Why didn't I think of that before?
"I work Saturdays."
"I'll pick you up for work then."
I sighed. There was no way to get out of the situation nicely.
"Jungkook." I started. He looked at me, waiting for what I was about to say next.
"I think it's best if we don't see eachother anymore. I thought I had made it clear three years ago." I explained, being hurt by the words I had just said myself. I couldn't imagine how Jungkook must have felt. I could tears forming in his eyes.
"Your joking, right?" He asked, not giving up. I shook my head.
"I'm sorry. I truly am." I apologized.
"But it's best for the two of us." I added.
"No. You're not sorry, otherwise you wouldn't say such things. And it's not the best for us. We both now that. You just don't want to admit it. Do you have a boyfriend? Is that why we can't be together?" He stated, anger evident in his voice.
"No, Jungkook. I just think that we wouldn't work out. We just don't fit well together. And with everything that has happened, it's proving right. It's just best if we stay away from eachother instead of falling for a hopeless love." I explained. Jungkook seemed shocked, clearly not happy with the statement I just made.
"I'm going to prove you wrong, trust me." He said, leaving the the flat.

Shortly after, Maddie stepped out of her room.
"Who was that?" She asked.
"My ex." I replied shortly.
"Oh. Sorry to have asked." She apologized.
"No problem."
"Do you need a hug?" She questioned, but Maddie didn't give me enough time to answer. Instead, she engulfed me in a hug.
"I hope you're feeling better now." She said.
"Thanks." I replied.
I could always rely on Maddie she would always be there for me. Maddie could read me like a book. She knew whenever I needed something, like a hug. I was happy that we were getting along so well. I had also told her about Jungkook. She consoled me and tries her best to cheer me up every day.
"Do you want to do something or do you want to go to sleep?" She questioned.
"Let's play playstation." I replied.
We played ARK for a few hours, till we went to bed.

I woke up with the sun shining on my face. I looked at the clock, seeing that it was already 1pm. I slowly stood up, made my way towards my closet, took a shower and went into the kitchen.

As I went closer towards the fridge, I could see a note on it.

I'll be back at 4pm.
Made you the pancake dough :)
Hope you enjoy your time alone ;)
-Maddie

I took out the dough and started preparing my breakfast or better said, my lunch.

After surround 15 minutes of cooking, I started enjoying my meal. I thought about what I could do today. I was completely exhausted after yesterday, but at the same time, I wanted to be productive. Maybe I should jus go boxing?

I took my sport back and left the flat. I could feel the wind on my face. It felt relaxing. It wasn't to hot nor to cold. Exactly the temperature I liked. Neither was it raining, snowing or a to bright sunshine.

I made my way towards the train station.
As always, there were rarely any people at the my home's train station, but at this time of the day, I didn't mind. I took a sip of my smoothie, before entering the crowded mode of transport.

30 minutes later, I finally arrived at the boxing gym. I had already texted Logan, who owned the building, that I was coming today. I would always come at least once a week. It was really fun. You could let all the anger you had go.

I started training with Logan.
"You seem a lot more angry than usual." He stated. I chuckled.
"It was a really stressful week, but I feel already a lot better now." I replied smiling.
"I'm glad you're better now. Maybe you should try out fighting in a competetion." He suggested.
"I'm fine. I really don't want to have to compete. I want it to be more like a fun hobby." I explained my decline.
"I wish I could see you more often though." Logan stated, biting his lip. He somehow seemed nervous.
"Will you do me the honor and  go on a date with me?"