31. Chapter

I woke up to a bright sunlight. I slightly rubbed my eyes. I had a huge headache. The last thing I remembered was going to a party with rosé and taking one shot of vodka..

I looked at the clock, it was currently 1pm. Wow. When did I go to bed yesterday? I went towards my closet and wore a hoddie, since I was basically wearing nothing but underwear.

As I went closer towards the kitchen, I could already smell food, I wasn't sure what kind of food was being cooked though.
"Good morning, I made you some soup." Maddie explained as I sat down on a chair.
"Are you tired?" She questioned. I slowly nodded.
"You came home pretty late, maybe 3..4 or 5am. I didn't look at the clock, but I myself went to bed at 2 am and I'm pretty sure you arrived quite a while later." Maddie said, putting the soup on the table. She went back to the cabinets, taking something out.
"Here. You were kinda drunk yesterday, so I think this might help you. These are pills you take when you have a hangover." She explained. I chugged down one of them with some water.

"So do you want to tell me about what happened yesterday?" Maddie questioned as we were eating the soup. My headache was almost completely gone, for which I was really thankful. These pills worked wonders.
"I honestly don't remember." I replied.
"Do you want me to help you remember?" She questioned. I nodded. Maybe a little help would help me remember.
"You came home with a boy yesterday."
My eyes widened.
"What?!" I yelled. That just sounded to much like I was having sex with a stranger.
"Relax, he only helped you getting to the apartment. You were stumbling a lot. You couldn't even find the keys to the house nor could he, so he rang the bell. I think his name was hyunjin." She explained.
Suddenly, all the memories from yesterday came back into my mind.
It turned out better than I thought. I had met a boy whom I liked and he was surely nice nor did he use the state I was in.

After finishing the food, I went back into my room. I searched for my phone. I wanted to look wether hyunjin had sent me a message.
I looked through my purse and finally found my phone, but sadly, it didn't have any battery left. So I plugged it into the charger.

While my phone charged, I decided to clean my room. It was pretty close to a chaos, so why not use my time and clean up.

After surround 30 minutes, I looked at my phone. I had received a message of rosé asking wether I was fine and if I got home safely. I replied with a 'yes' and looked at the text hyunjin had sent me.

Hyunjin
Hi, it's me hyunjin. I hope you still remember me. You were a bit drunk yesterday. I hope your doing fine and that you don't have to much of a hangover. I also wanted to ask you wether you'd like to meet up. Perhaps for a coffee :)

Me
I'd love to, when do you have time? And I obviously remember you ;)

Hyunjin
Do you perhaps have time today? We could meet in a Coffee shop if you'd want to ;)

Me
Sure :)

Hyunjin and I decided to meet up at 4pm and since it was currently 2pm, I tried getting ready as fast as possible.

After changing into a casual flower dress, doing my hair and makeup, I left my apartment, running to the train station. I didn't want to be late on our first date.

As I entered the coffee shop, I could already see hyunjin seated at a nearby table. He was looking at his phone. I shortly looked at the clock. It was one minute past 4pm. Well, I wasn't exactly late, on minute doesn't count after all, right?

"Hey." I said as I sat down on the chair which was located opposite of his. Hyunjin looked up as soon as he heard me.
"Hi, how are you pretty lady?" He asked with a bright smile.
"Good, and you handsome man?" I replied.
"I'm good since I saw you." He answered with a wink.
"How cheesy." I said with a chuckle.
"I'm just stating the truth." He stated.
"Sure." I teased.

A waitress came to our table, asking us what we'd like to order. I asked her for a coffee and muffin, while hyunjin  ordered a coffee and a piece of cake.

"So how did you sleep last night?" Hyunjin asked.

"Pretty good, I guess. The only annoying thing was the headache. What about you?", I replied.

"Also good. I just didn't have that much sleep since I had to do things for work. I needed to bring my boss I file he needed earlier than expected. " Hyunjin answered.

"That's unfortunate. But you work? Sorry to be that blunt, it's just that I thought you'd be a college student, since you were at the party. I thought that only college students were invited."
Hyunjin chuckled.

"I work while studying. I'm doing a dual program of study." He explained.

"So what are you studying?" I asked.

"Law. What about you?"

"I'm studying medicine." I replied.

"So you want to become a doctor?" Hyunjin wanted to know. I chuckled at his question.

"No. I want to become a psychiatrist. You have to study medicine for that. Believe it or not. But a lot of people think that I want to become a doctor."

"It was the first thing coming to my mind." He defended himself.

"Don't worry. It's just funny how everybody asks me that when I tell them" I explained.

"Is there a special reason why you want to become a psychiatrist?"
I gulped. Bullseye. There was a special reason, but I wouldn't tell it a stranger. Hell, I wouldn't even tell Maddie. The only one knowing is Yuna. I opened up to her about everything. It was way easier to go through everything with her by my side.
After college, I'd probably go back to Korea to reunite with Yuna. I was missing her a lot, but at least we've been talking to each other a lot over the phone.

"I just want to help people with mental problems." I half lied. It definitely was something good the job had, but that wouldn't have made me decide to become a psychiatrist.

"What about you? Why are you studying law?" I questioned.

"My father is a lawyer. So I want to follow his footsteps and make my family proud. And a good thing is that I was really fascinated by the law since I was little. I'd always come to my father's work and help him or watch what he was doing."  He explained.

"That sounds good. I mean you like it and you'll keep the law in your family." I said. Thinking about the fact that I was together with a criminal and now on a date with a future lawyer was a bit weird. It was like I was dating a completely different guy now than I was before, which was probably even the case. I didn't want to imagine these people standing face to face to eachother. I wonder what would happen. I mean, jungkook surely wouldn't be nice, but would hyunjin still be the nice person he was. I mean how do you want to fight a fight when you can't hurt a fly. And what if the fly starts the fight and you just don't want to do anything about because your to nice. If it was a fly, it probably wouldn't matter that much, but having a jungkook tackle a hyunjin down to the floor, wouldn't be that harmless anymore.

I was walking home after the date I shared with Hyunjin. We were talking for 2 hours and he sure as hell was a lovely man. But he seemed so nice, to nice sometimes. Yes, being nice is a good thing, but like the lawyer thing kinda creeped me out. I mean to already as a kid be so obsessed about the law? Kinda weird. And I mean who follows the law anyways? And with that I don't mean murdering someone but like simple things. Like everyone has done something that was against the law like at least once in their whole life.
But that wasn't even the big problem.
As said, he was a lovely person, but sometimes, it seemed as if he was trying to sell a fake picture. As if he was lying about his past or maybe even about the present..

I just shrugged it off and entered my apartment. As I walked into my room, I could see a rose on my bed.