Chapter 1. Their words

(If my family sees this. Don't ask me about it I will freak out)

"Useless"

"Loser!"

"Freak!"

"Disgusting"

"Grow up and stop being a child"

"Your new nickname should be Crybaby"

Mikey jolted up from his sleep. All those words that his brothers said to him were now haunting him.

But that nickname he heard. He wondered if his brothers are going to start using it. Mikey tried to think if he had heard the nickname been said to him, but it only came from Raph before the nightmares. Mikey would sometimes think that his brothers are jealous of his new found abilities, some of the powers doesn't need a support item but most of them do.

Mikey could also talk to animals, not just mutants, animals, mostly snakes, they tell the wildest stories of them all, snakes roam into the lair and slither around Mikey. Mikey thinks the only way he can talk to animals is because he's a mutant and it might have mutated some of the powers, he wasn't quite sure.

Mikey would quickly lead the snakes to his room to talk to them. Before the others found out and got rid or them.

"Different"

Another memory of being insulted by his brother.

Mikey knew Raph was right, that he was different. He decided to ask his dad, Splinter.

Mikey quickly got up and wondered into the Dojo. He slides the door open carefully. Splinter was the only one who didn't insult Mikey. Leo was mediating with Splinter.

"Uh dad?" Mikey whispered, trying to get his dad's attention.

Splinter opened his eyes.

"Michelangelo, my son, what can I do for you?" He asked.

Leo huffed quietly while looking at Mikey.

"I wanted to talk to you in private about something..." Mikey said, giving a side glance to Leo.

Leo smirked thinking that their father will chose him over Mikey.

"Of course my son, Leo may you please excuse us" Splinter said to Leo.

Leo looked shocked and mad at the same time. He huffed louder, got up and pushed passed Mikey.

Mikey walked towards Splinter and sat down in front of him.

"Father....Leo, Raph, and Donnie....they say I'm different... and not their brother" Mikey said with a stutter.

"My son, you are different I didn't buy you all those years ago along side your brothers, I found you in a pit" Splinter said.

"So, I'm adopted?" Mikey questioned.

"Yes? You are all adopted but you just more adopted." Splinter responded with a raised brow.

"That doesn't change the fact that you are still my son" He said, trying to reassure him.

"I wanted to leave after my 11th birthday" Mikey said suddenly.

"But all the dangers out there..." Splinter began.

"Father, living here is already dangerous, I don't think I can make it another year here" Mikey said clearly upset.

"Mikey...." Splinter sighed and hugged his youngest son.

Mikey hugged back, while while using Splinters robe to dry his face.

"If you truly feel like you need to leave to be happy for now then you can leave" Splinter said.

"Okay" Mikey responded.

A sparkle of light catches the young turtle eyes. Mikey got up slowly and walked towards object.

"Those are called Nun-chucks," Splinter said "I was going to teach you and your brothers in a few years.

"Can I try them out?" Mikey asked

He nodded. Mikey knew the feeling of holding something and feels right. That's how the Nun-Chucks felt in his hands. He twirled the chains around his body. Trying to keep close to him, but far enough so he wouldn't get hurt. He took deep breath and focused, but then got hit on the head with the Nun-Chuck, causing the second one to hit his side.

Splinter smiled as he watched Mikey.

Mikey hung his arms to his sides, swinging the Nun-Chucks back and fourth.

"You did a great job for just using the Nun-Chucks for the first time" Splinter commented.

"How about I teach you how to use the Nun-Chucks, before you leave?" Splinter asked.

Mikey nodded happily.

Without seeing it, a metal wrench came busting through the screen door, and with unfortunate luck, hit Mikeys nose.

"OW!" Mikey shouted. He went to hold his nose but a sharp pain went to eyes and he pulled away. His hand had some blood on his hand, Mikey started to cry.

He tried to run to the kitchen to find a cloth to wet and clean up the blood. But he didn't stop in time before Raph tripped Mikey. Mikey landed on his knees causing them to hurt and the blood started to fall on the floor.

"Cry Baby" Raph snickered, not noticing the blood on the floor or seeing Mikeys face.

Donnie and Leo chuckled as well.

"Donatello, Leonardo, and Raphael! Which one of you threw that wrench and tripped Michelangelo!?" Splinter shouted as he helped Mikey up, he quickly led Mikey to the kitchen to clean up the blood and tears, he placed on some bandages.

"You three are grounded until I make up my mind" Splinter said.

"I expected more for you boys, simply because you boys are the OLDEST! And Leonardo, Donatello laughing at your brother wounds are disrespectful and not okay!" Splinter yelled.

"ROOM. NOW." He shouted.

Leo had a destroyed look on his face as he got sent to his room for the first time.