Chapter 45: Uragiri

The cold air in Tokyo greeted Didi

The cold air in Tokyo greeted Didi. Since it was a hasty trip, Marco booked him into a capsule hotel which he did not mind at all. After he called Yue, he found himself crashing onto his bed.

He would be meeting YiBo for breakfast and they would head to Neetz's house together. Several Kandytown brothers would be present to meet Didi. They were anxious when they found out it was probably someone from their own group.

Neetz stayed in a modern neighbourhood, about 30 mins from central Tokyo, close to the recording studio. He was seldom late but that morning he overslept, and had to rush directly to his place, calling YiBo to meet him there.

When he arrived, he saw Rhoyu, Neetz, IO
and another team member, JJ in deep discussion. Aiko stood up when she saw Didi. She ran and tried to hug him but he moved her hands away from him. "Stop Aiko. You know why I'm here."

"I didn't do it, Haruto. I hate Yue but I didn't do it." She exclaimed, tears threatening to fall.

"I'm not buying your tears, Aiko."

He turned and greeted his brothers. "Thank you for meeting me on such a short notice. My brother-in-law, YiBo—" he said, gesturing to him, "is a private investigator I hired to trace the source of the tabloid news. He traced it back to Japan. And I have my own reason to believe that the person responsible is—-" his gaze shifted to her. "Aiko, that photo came from you, isn't it?"

The whole group looked at her and she seemed distressed. "Yes but I didn't send it to the tabloid. I swear."

"Who else if not you?! And you also knew about Jackson's relationship with Yue through Justin. He said he told you. Are you saying this is just coincidence?"

"IT IS! Haruto, please believe me."

"Yue said you threatened her."

"I was angry. Jealous. You rejected and chose her. What's so good about her? She is not even pretty to start with."

Didi was fuming by now. This was getting nowhere. If she never confessed, he would never get her to retract her doing.

He turned to Neetz. "I'm sorry Neetz. I came to solve this internally but I feel we are not making progress. The news affect the album single, which affects the team."

Neetz was nodding, in agreement. Rhoyu seemed exceptionally quiet today. IO and JJ looked solemn.

Didi continued to ask, "If your sister really did it, what would you do? How will you restore Yue's reputation?"

There was silence in the room before Neetz spoke. "Aiko may be stubborn but she is not a liar. I believe that she did not do this. We can't apologize if we don't even know who did it."