Chapter 16

"Sans... What happened to Gaster?"

Sans sighed. "Well... He was the royal scientist before Alphys. He was the one responsible for building the core itself. One day, one of his experiments went wrong, and he fell into his own creation. He disappeared after that, vanished without a trace... He was shattered across time and space, causing him to become stuck in the void. He wasn't in the timelines anymore, and nobody except for me remembered him. It was like he was never there in the first place..."

He seemed slightly sad, almost as if he was close to Gaster when he was around. This sad expression was short-lived, as he soon went back to his usual grin. "Anyways, don't worry about it, ok kiddo?"

You nodded, and the 2 of you went back into the living room. You both sat on the sofa with Papyrus, and fell into a long silence. After a while, Papyrus spoke, breaking the silence.

"SANS?" he asked

"Yeah, bro?"

"HOW DID WE END UP HERE? I REMEMBER US ALL GOING TO OUR HOUSE  AFTER 3 DAYS AND FALLING ASLEEP ON OUR COUCH, BUT THEN WE SOMEHOW WOKE UP ON UNDYNE'S COUCH!"

As soon as he said this, everyone looked at him with wide eyes, as if they had just realised something.

"I remember the same thing, darling. I just thought it was a dream, so I never brought it up." Mettaton said.

"Y-yeah, m-me too." Alphys agreed.

"I think we all remember that." you added. "But... How..?"

Sans looked at you. "Well... When we all fell asleep on the couch, I woke up and realised that I'd left my stuff at Undyne's house, so I teleported us all onto her couch and acted as if nothing happened. I wasn't about to just leave all my ketchup behind."

You laughed a little. "Looks like you have your priorities." you said jokingly, before turning to Undyne. "Anyways, you must wanna have your house back, considering we've invaded it for 5 days."

"Yeah, I've just been ITCHING to get rid of you punks!" she returned, matching your tone. It was clear she was joking, but it seems Papyrus took everything she said seriously.

"WERE WE THAT BAD?" he asked, sounding sad and guilty.

Undyne looked at him with shock and slight regret: "No, you weren't bad Papyrus! I was just joking!"

Papyrus breathed a sigh of relief, and went back to his usual cheerful grin. You then had an idea.

"Hey guys?" you said, getting everyone's attention. "I have an idea. How about we have two different sleepovers at once, one for the boys and one for the girls?"

Papyrus's grin got wider. "THAT'S A GREAT IDEA, HUMAN! ME, METTATON, AND SANS CAN ALL STAY AT MY HOUSE!"

"Y-yeah! A-and then me, you, a-and Undyne can all stay at my l-l-lab!" Alphys added.

"But Hotland SUCKS!" Undyne exclaimed, putting more emphasis on the word 'sucks'.

"C'mon, it's not that bad. Besides, I'll bring lots of water!" you said cheerfully. Eventually, you managed to convince Undyne. You all packed your bags, and then the 3 of you made your way to Alphys's lab...