Dreams under cherry blossom tree

Daisy stares out from her balcony at the town, Floral Villa, lying nearby the castle. She sighs as she watches the villagers varying from chibobos, mekabons, nokobons, and gaos happily plodding along their daily lives. I wish I was down there instead of in here. She walks back into her room and flops down on her full size bed almost engulfed with small yellow pillows that accent the dark orange comforter. Maybe if I pile all the pillows up I can hide underneath them and not be noticed, she thinks hopefully. She sighs knowing that it would never work and gets back up deciding to face the music. Sitting down at her vanity, she brushes her hair then fixes her crown so it sits properly on her head and finishes off by applying a new layer of her favorite tangerine flavored lip gloss. Time to make some prissy princes cry, she encourages herself as she smirks evilly. She leaves her room and heads downstairs toward the throne room.

The room is massive, giving a visitor the feeling of being small and insignificant. The royal colors are displayed with banners that dangle from the rails of the second floor observation walkway that covers the parameter of the room. A long red carpet leads up to a lone ornate throne made of deep honey oak and carved with various motifs of trees loosing their leaves in the breeze; sitting upon the throne is Thorne Floral, the king of Sarsaraland. He sits slouched over leaning on the arm of his chair with his cheek resting upon his hand. As Daisy approaches he readjusts and sits up straight with a stern look on his face and puffs out his chest in attempt to be intimidating. "Good Morning Dad," Daisy greets without flinching.

"Morning Daisy," he replies, "I hope you got plenty of rest, it is going to a big day."

"I know; I have so much I plan on doing! I'm going to go into town and get some supplies then I'm going to work in the garden," Daisy begins ignoring what her father had planned with the intent to annoy him.

"Daisy," the king interrupts with a fierce look in his deep blue eyes, similar to the princess's own. "You know what I am getting at."

"Maybe," Daisy stubbornly mocks. Thorne sighs heavily, irritated at his daughter's tenacity.

"The princes are coming today and I expect you to courteous to all of them."

"And if I am not? I warned you in the beginning that I did not want to along with this Dad, so why should I bother to be on my best behavior and encourage these men to bother trying to win me over."

"Because you are a princess and thus you will be married to a prince or at least a man with a noble title," King Floral decrees.

"Why? Peach doesn't have to marry a stupid prince why must I," Daisy angrily inquires.

"You are not Princess Toadstool and this is not the Mushroom Kingdom; we have traditions here and one of them is princesses marry noblemen!"

"Grandma didn't marry a prince and she was still queen!"

"Your grandmother is a different story," Thorne tries to elude the conversation.

"Really how? I would love to know!"

"There were no princes available at the time! She had no other choice."

"Yeah and grandpa made a great king although he was only a merchant didn't he? So why can't I just find a suitable man no matter if a title comes attached or not?"

"Because you need a stable man with experience in leading a nation and well because I said so," King Floral declares.

"Oh please, I don't need a prince to tell me how to run a kingdom," Daisy scoffs.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn," Thorne crossly asks. "Your mother was never this headstrong."

"No she wasn't; I got it from you," Daisy quips.