Formal wear

A week and a half passes, with the Floral Ball two days away, everyone in the castle begins to frantically prepare for the event. The castle staff begins to create the decorations and pin them up while the host gathers all the suitors together in the throne room. What now? Waluigi thinks irked, hoping it is not more etiquette lessons. Hate those things; this is how you fold a napkin and this is how you eat a piece of lettuce. Bah, waste of time! He and the princes stand in front of the throne with King Floral looking down upon them.

"Today we are going to pick up your attire and fit them," Thorne announces, "Hopefully no one will need too many touchups." The king then turns to Chizer, once again the vizier looks unhappy. "Chizer will be escorting you as I oversee the decorations. Enjoy," Thorne notes before walking away toward the foyer.

Oh joy, can't wait, the purple clad Wario Brother thinks sarcastically. He looks over to his 'competition' and laughs to himself. This is pathetic! None of these bozos have any character or ambition! I will make them the laughing stocks of their kingdoms at this stupid ball as we all know I have great moves! He smirks at the thought then follows the chibibo and the rest of the courters to the tailor shop. Prince Cashmire is the first to try on his suit at the shop so Waluigi takes a seat and awaits his turn, enjoying mentally ridiculing the others as they come out in their tuxedos. Finally it comes to his turn and he disappears behind the dressing room curtain. After putting on his tuxedo, he confidently steps out in his black pinstripe tux complete with a trademark purple shirt and black tie. "Yeh ha, Waluigi's the best. Look at how sharp I look in this, no princess could resist my in this, even Daisy."

"Well it is a perfect fit," the store's tailor notes, "Should I hang it in a bag for you?"

"Yes," Waluigi answers and the tailor hangs the tuxedo into a bag just like the others as none of the suits are in need of adulterations. The gentlemen pay for their suits via a check from the king and head back toward the castle.

Meanwhile, another tailor is checking their work on Daisy's dress as she wears it for them in front of a three sided mirror. "Spin, spin," the woman tailor orders frantically; Daisy spins for her and she scratches her chin in thought. "Just need one more adulteration in the back and we should be set." The frantic woman quickly threads a needle and goes to work on the back of the dress as Daisy admires the turquoise dress in the mirror.

"Grandma it's perfect! I can't wait to wear this, it's so beautiful," she exclaims. "I hope it didn't cost an arm and leg."

"Nonsense, it was a very decent price," Hyacinth reassures with a smile.

"All done," the tailor states and Daisy hops down in front of the mirror admiring the dress again. The dress is cut just above the chest with two straps that are connected to the middle of the top. The thin straps create a v shape as they wrap around to the back at the base of her neck and then cross in the middle of her back before connecting to the back of the dress near her lower back.

"You don't think it is too revealing with it being backless do you," the princess asks Hyacinth.

"Oh no," Hyacinth answers nonchalantly.

"You don't think dad will mind?"

"Well, that is tricky," Hyacinth pauses, "He is your father." She quickly looks around the shop and notices a sheer turquoise wrap on one of the mannequins. The pink clad woman grabs it then hands it to Daisy. "Try wrapping that around your back and have the ends dangle from your arms, like those women you see in the older films that I watch." The desert princess does as instructed and the scarf covers her lower back; "There now you should have no problems, just remember where you leave it when you head to the dance floor." The former queen looks up at the store's clock on the opposite wall and it reads 12:22. "We should get back soon," she hints toward her granddaughter.