Sun's morning ray

The sun's ray's pierce through the glass of the balcony door and consequently glaring in Daisy's face. Rolling away from the window she grumbles, "Not worth getting up today." Just as she is beginning to fall back asleep her bedroom door flies open and her grandmother steps in.

"Daisy wake up, it's nine o'clock! Time for breakfast," she notes happily.

"Are those idiots going to be there," she mummers vexed.

Hyacinth smirks as she grabs the edge of Daisy's comforter, "Maybe..." She rips the blanket off of Daisy causing the princess to instinctively curl up for warmth. "It's not that bad, I'm sure."

"Grandma," Daisy stars as she sits straight up in bed, "yesterday I had to sit down and talk to them for a half hour each. I had to hear about Prince Toffee's stamp collection, Cashmire's recent exploits in and training for a strong man's contest, and Pine's hunting trips with his father then I had to deal with Waluigi's sarcastic commentary on everything and his attempts to compliment me. The only normal guy here is Prince Peasley and he's a bean!" Hyacinth gives an unsympathetic look, cocking one eyebrow. "I guess I'll be down in a couple of minutes," the desert princess huffs.

"Good," the former queen smiles, "we're having crepes and fruit. See you down there sweetie." She shuts the door behind her and Daisy flops down back on her bed.

Why me, urrgh! She runs her hands through her hair in frustration then sits back up. Okay, okay, let's just take this one step at a time. Go to get dressed then makeup and ...I hate this, she thinks as she goes to her closet to grab her dress and begins to get ready for her appearance downstairs.

The sun peaks up above the horizon piercing through the window of the train immediately causing Luigi to stir. He barely opens his eyes, squinting out of window to figure out the source of light. He had been resting his head in the nook between the back of his seat and the train wall, his head facing toward the window. It can't be time for the sun already, he whines wishing the sun had a snooze button. So that means it's around seven and I've been on this train for three hours? Not even close to a full night's rest, might as well go back to sleep, got at least two more hours until I get back to the border of the Mushroom Kingdom then maybe another half to one hour after that anyway. He turns over, back towards the window and sun when the conduction comes over the PA system.

"Sorry for the interruption folks, but it seems there is a problem with the track switch up here which would have led us to the Mushroom Kingdom, so we are going to take a detour and stop within the Beanbean Kingdom until the problem is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience folks."

The speaker shuts off and Luigi's eyes pop open as the information given over the PA just now begins to sink in, Are you serious? It's going to take forever to fix the tracks. He sighs irritated, I guess I'll be trekking up to Stardust Fields up to back to the border of Mushroom Kingdom then warp piping from there or maybe I could go to the airport, but that means spending money... The train shakes as it crosses onto the bridge over the Beanbean River and off again; it begins to slow as it pulls up to the station. This has to be new, must have put it in after the attack from Bowser's Castle a couple of years ago.

"Beanbean Station, all passengers please depart onto the station platform. Feel free to take in some of the sights here in the Beanbean Kingdom such as the Beanbean Castle and the Chuckola Museum. The train will be function once again soon. Sorry again for the inconvenience and thank you for choosing Kingdoms Expressway for your traveling needs." The plumber and the rest of the passengers walk out of the train single file and into the station. Most of the passengers head to the nearest phone to inform loved ones or business associates of the delay while others, including Luigi, begin to explore to get a grasp on where they exactly are.