Shattered plains

What was I thinking? I don't know what to do! I have no clue where I am going! Luigi thinks panicked as he stares out from Daisy's mirrored room to the bright dazzling hallway. Okay calm down, he takes a big breath to steady his nerves, now what would Mario do? He cradles his chin in thought when scream from down the hall startles him. Quickly he hides in the room he came from.

"Let go of me you mirrored freaks! I said put me down this instant! I refuse to be part of this bogus prophecy crap," the captive princess screams angrily at the iridescent minions carrying her above their heads.

"It is far too late to bow out now Floral," the prince notes then addresses the minions. "To the armory gentlemen." The group passes by the intersection of the hallway and Luigi comes out from his hiding spot.

Well that was too easy. carefully, the younger Mario brother tails the prince's party through the maze of bright corridors.

"What do you mean the mirror swallowed her Chizer," Thorne asks, demanding an explanation.

"Arms came out of the mirror and pulled her in! Mr. Luigi tried to fight them off, but failed."

"Speaking of, where is my supposed 'security expert'?"

"I am not sure your highness..."

"Probably ran off like the coward he is," Waluigi chimes in from behind the king.

"Mister Luigi is not a coward! He is quite brave," Peasley retorts.

"Yea, yea says the guy with a man crush."

"Quiet! I did not ask for commentary from the peanut gallery," Thorne growls. "Chizer call Mario, I want his help."

"Right away sir," Chizer obeys and disappears down the hall.

Luigi peers around another corner wondering when the group is going to stop, as it feels like they have been walking forever now. Finally they stop in front of a metal door, one that reminds Luigi of the doors in the castle's basement then the prince pulls out a ring of keys to unlock the door. After a loud clunk, the door swings open and the group files inside except for the prince and a single minion that is pulled aside. "Guard this door with your life. Let no one or anything past you, understand," the red and black clad man asks sternly.

"Understood your majesty," the creature affirms and takes his post by the door as the prince disappears inside.

"Yes Chizer, I will send Master Mario right away in the fastest fashion possible," Toadsworth assures his friend as he switches the phone receiver to his other ear.

"Thank you Toadsworth, I'm not sure what else I can do. I have never seen the king so flustered and worried, except for when Tantanga came while he was on vacation."

"Oh I remember you called me in such a panic saying that Thorne was threatening to leave you in Poshley Heights if his little girl wasn't saved. Don't worry, Master Mario never fails. We'll see you when we land. Okay, bye," Toadsworth hangs up the phone quickly then runs into the foyer. "Master Mario! Master Mario! Master Mario we need to pack!"

"Whoa Toadsworth, whoa what's going on," Mario asks concerned.

"The princess has been kidnapped!"

"Toadsworth I am right here," Princess Peach states calmly.

"No, no, not our princess! Princess Daisy! She's been kidnapped through some portal in her room," the elderly toad replies panicked.

"But what about Luigi," Peach asks confused.

"I am not sure your majesty, maybe he was overpowered..."

"Where is he," Mario asks.

"He has gone missing Master Mario," Toadsworth replies quietly.