+*Leaving Day*+

Sunday, December 8, 2019, 11:01 am

Nini

I walk out of the front door to see Grandma Malou and Kourtney standing out on the sidewalk. I walk up to them, "Hey, girl!" Kourtney chuckled. 

"I'm going, you miss you so much," I sob, hugging Kourtney. 

"Me too." Kourtney replies. "Here, I want you to have this," she says, giving me a jar, with little papers inside. "What is it?" I question. 

"It is a little jar, every day you pick a paper from the jar, and so you can remember all the fun times we had together." she says, as I look at the jar. 

"You are the best friend that anyone can ever ask for," I say, hugging Kourtney. 

"Call me every week. East High is starting to get boring again, I need the tea!" she laughs, and I do too. 

"Don't worry. I will." I smile. 

Then, I walk over to Grandma Malou, "My shining star!" Malou says with a sweet smile. 

"I'm going to miss you!" I cry, hugging Malou. "Oh, Sweetheart, I'm gonna miss you too." Grandma Malou says, hugging me tightly. 

"Are you sure you will be okay?" she asks.

"I'll be fine, Grandma," I say. 

"Love you." Grandma Malou says. 

"I love you too," I respond, hugging her again. She puts out her fist, and I give her a fist bump, and we both laugh. 

"C'mon Nini, we gotta head out," Mama D says. 

"Okay," I sob. 

And then I remember, "Wait, one second, I forgot something!" I shouted, running into the house and into my bedroom. I look across my room, and I grab the guitar pick Ricky got for me the night of the play. I smile, remembering what happened that beautiful and magical night. The car honks from outside, and I take one last look at my bedroom. I rush out the door, tightly holding the guitar pick in the palm of my hand. I hug Kourtney and Malou the last time for a while and get into the car. 

"You ready?" Mama C says, buckling her seat belt and looking back at me. 

I look at Kourtney and Grandma Malou, "Yeah, let's go." I cry as she starts the car. 

I wave goodbye as the car pulls out of the driveway. I look behind until I can't see them anymore. 

"Oh look, its Ricky! Honk the horn!" Dana tells Carol, and she honks the horn. I look out the window to see Ricky, riding his skateboard down the road. He waves then gazes at me and smiles. Then I remember, I never told him that I was leaving.