+*The Boy From The Hallway Returns*+

Thursday, December 19, 2019, 12:39 pm

Nini

 "I love your hair today, Nini! It is so pretty!" Cleo compliments, as I sit at the lunch table with my plate of food. 

"Thanks! You look nice as well!" I respond. 

"So, what's up?" I say, trying to start a conversation. 

"Oh! I actually want you to meet someone!" Morgan bubbled, looking at me. 

"Austin! Come here!" she yelled, waving her arm. 

The boy from the hallway, Austin, walks over, and I turn around to face them. 

"Hey." Austin says as Morgan stands up from the chair. 

"This is Austin, my stepbrother!" Morgan says as Austin puts his arm around her shoulder. "Hello!" I greet, waving hello. 

"Hi!" he looks me in the eyes, then blushes.

 "I'm Austin." he smiles, holds his hand to shake, and I shake it. 

"I heard." I chuckle. 

"I'm Nini." I chirp. 

He looks over to his friends, then back at us, "Oh, I gotta run. I'll see ya later?" he says. 

"I guess so." I grin, and he walks away. Well, that was a short meet and greet.

I turn back around, "I could tell he likes you, Nini." Cleo declared. 

"How can you tell from a thirty-second conversation?" I ask. 

"His cheeks were as red as a tomato." Cleo continues, "His hand was shaking, he was breathing heavily, and when he was walking over, he quickly fixed his hair." she proves. 

"Oh, and look at him now, Austin is pretty much staring at you." she says, and I look over to Zoey's shoulder. 

He is actually staring at me. 

I duck my head lower, "But how are you positively sure?" I reply. 

I don't want him to like me, it's just gonna be awkward. I still love Ricky. 

"He did that same thing with me, Jessie Dixon, Amy Harris, and Nicoletta Freeman. 

He acts all lovey-dovey, cute and adorable around you, and looks right into your eyes, and yours only." Cleo proves. 

"No, no, no! He can't like me! I don't like him!" I ramble frantically. 

"What do I do?" I whined. 

"Just let the kid be him. He is a cutie, though. And you would look good together." Zoey adds. 

"Are you serious?" I question with attitude. 

"Yeah, he's hot, your beautiful, boom! You gotta couple!" Zoey explains. 

The bell rings, "See you guys later!" I say, while the others waving goodbye, and I quickly walk out.