+*The Boy From The Library*+

Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 2:43 pm

Nini

"Now let us do a quick exercise! Everyone, you are old people at a nursing home! Go!" Mr. Williams says. 

Everyone quickly gets out of their seats and yells, "Oh my goodness!" and "I can't hear you!" and "Jimmy is that you?" and all in an old person's voice. 

I just decide to join in, "Oh my goodness, is that you, Morgan? I haven't seen you in twenty-five years!" I say, in my most grandma voice possible, pointing over at Morgan. 

"Oh, Nina! Come here!" Mr. Williams chirps as I walk over, still in character. 

"Yes?" I ask. "Oh, bring this to our front desk, will you? You need to know more where everything is in our school anyway!" he says, handing me a stack of papers.

"Oh! My back! Oh, the horror!" A blonde boy yells as he falls to the ground, which makes everyone laugh. 

"Oh, sunny boy, get up before you break your hip too!" Mr. Williams laughs, which makes the class laugh again. 

I speedwalk out of the classroom and into the hallway. I wanted to be quick, I didn't want to miss anything. I get faster. 

I am the only person in the hall, I looked up at the posters on the walls and then back forward. 

I hold the stack of papers in hand, and I speedwalk slightly faster and faster. And then, I trip on my shoelace, and I fall to the ground. 

How great.

I watch the papers gently fall onto the floor. 

"Oh!" I hear a voice coming from down the hallway and then footsteps. 

"Here, let me help you." the voice says. I look up, a boy with blonde hair, chiseled chin, bright blue eyes, and quite attractive actually, with his hand out to help me. 

It's the boy from the library, from when I first came here. 

I take his hand and get up, "Thank you." I smile. 

"No problem, now, let's get these papers off the floor." he says, looking at me right in the eyes. 

"Yeah!" I chirp. 

We start picking up the papers, his hand accidentally lands on mine. I smile for a second, and I quickly take my hand back. 

"Here, you are!" he says as he hands me the stack of papers, and I add it on to mine. 

"Thank you!" I smile. 

"You're Nina, right?" he wonders. 

"Yeah, you can call me Nini. And how do you know my name?" I question. 

"I'm in Mr. Williams's class. And so are you!" he says, pushing back his blonde hair, just like Ricky. 

"I'm Austin, Austin Rivera." he says. 

"What a cool name." I compliment. 

He looks me right in the eyes, "Thank you." he smiles. 

"Well, I gotta get these to the front desk, I'll see you in class?". 

"See you in class." he approves as he continues walking down the hall and into the mens restroom. 

I grin as I continue walking down the hall. 

"Excuse me, miss, this is from Mr. Williams," I say. 

"Oh, thank you, dear! I've been needing these papers!" Mrs. O'Neil says in her cheery voice. 

"Have a nice day, sweetie!" she waves goodbye. 

"You too!" I wave goodbye as well. I start walking back to class. Well, I guess I made a new friend.

"Welcome back, Nina! What took you so long?" Mr. Williams says as I walk into class. 

"I guess I got lost for a second." I reply, looking back at Austin, and he winks. 

I look across the classroom, the students were screaming and acting like fish with no water. 

"Oh, well, okay! Everyone have a seat, and may the learning begin!" the teacher yells as I grab my seat. 

Austin looks back at me and smiles, and I smile back.