+*A New Room*+

Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 6:57 pm

Kourtney

I sit at my vanity, attempting a new golden glitter eyeshadow look for my new makeup tutorial. Then my phone rings, I read the name Nini on the phone. I immediately answer. 

"Hey, girl!" I beam. 

"Hey, Kourt!" Nini chirped.

"I'm so sorry I haven't called, I had a lot of work to do." she apologizes. 

"Oh, don't worry, it's okay! Now how is the new school?" I ask.

"Oh, it's incredible! The campus is beautiful!" she says with joy. 

"I'm happy to so happy to hear!" I say. 

"I miss you so much!" I speak, walking over to my bed and sit. 

"I miss you too!" Nini says. 

"Oh, I gotta go, I had to switch dorms, and I think I got a new roommate," she says. 

"Alright! Love ya!" I say. "

Mwah!" she replies. 

"Bye!" I say, and she hangs up. 

I really hope she likes it there, I smile. I walk back to my vanity and continue working on the golden look. 

Now where's my mascara?

Nini

I take a deep breath and knock on the door. I read the sign on the door, Room 87

The doorknob turns, and I take one last deep breath. 

The person opens the door. 

Oh. 

My. 

Goodness. 

"Oh my gosh! Hey!" Its Emily Pratt, from camp. 

She hugs me, "I didn't know you were gonna be my roommate!" she smiles. 

"I didn't know either," I say with a nervous smile. 

"Are you alright? You look like, kind of, disappointed." Emily says, looking sad. 

"Oh no, I'm not disappointed. I just still feel guilty from camp." I reply, looking down at my feet, then back at her. 

"Don't worry! Like I've said, water under the bridge! Nothing to worry about." Emily says. 

"Now, won't you come in!" she says, welcoming me into the dorm room.

I follow her into the dorm room. Then she stops at a door, "Here is the bathroom!" Emily says, opening the bathroom door, and I take a peek in. 

There is a small shower in the corner and a toilet and two sinks on one of the walls, just like my old room. "Alright," I say as she closes the door.

"And here is the bedroom!" she bubbled, as she presents the bedroom. There stand two beds, one side of the room is nicely decorated. A wall with little bird decals pasted on, and a letter E right above the bed. A desk with books upon books stacked on it, and a corkboard above. The layout was like my old dorm room, but just a bit bigger. 

"I like it!" I approve.

"Lovely! Now, you gotta decorate your side of the room!" she chirps, as I look at the dull and empty wall, right next to my bed. 

 "I brought some things from home, I'll do it later on." I say, looking over her shoulder, at the white teddy bear perched up on the pillows.

"Oh, that's good." she smiles. "Let me get my bags outside the door. I address. "Oh, let me help!" Emily chirps as she walks out the room to help me get my bags outside, next to the hallway's door.