+*Entering Denver*+

Sunday, December 8, 2019, 6:54 pm

Nini

"Look, Nini! Wake up! We're entering Denver!" Mama C beams, waking me up from a nap. I look out the window to see a huge sign saying, 'Welcome To Denver' and my body flow with excitement. Next, we enter to city, the buildings towering over us. People are walking and talking on their phones as we pass by. She drives into a parking lot with hundreds of cars, and the Youth Actors' Conservatory stands in front of us. I'm about to burst with excitement! 

"This is it, are you ready?" Mama D questions. 

"Yeah, I'm ready." I say confidently.

We step out of the car and stretch for a second, that the longest car ride ever. Then, I pull out two filled suitcases, a bag, and my backpack from the vehicle. It might seem that I have a lot of stuff, but I really don't. Most of it is stuff for my dorm and essentials.

We walk through the parking lot, dragging the bags behind us. Then, Kalyani Patel stands out the front doors, "Hi everyone!" Kalyani welcomes. 

"Hello!" I chirp. 

"Welcome to the Youth Actors' Conservatory! I'm Kalyani Patel, the dean of this school. But please, call me Ms. Patel." she announces. 

"It's lovely meeting you." Dana greets, shaking Kalyani's hand. 

"Yes, Nini has been saying many good things about this school," Carol adds, shaking Kalyani's hand too. 

"Wonderful! Our school is fit for everyone! Let's head inside, it's getting a bit cold." she adds, as we walk inside the school building. 

"Now, let's have a tour of our school, so tomorrow you won't have to be rushing around. I'll have one of the students help you with your bags while we are walking around, if it's okay with you." Ms. Patel explains.

 I look over at my moms, "Yeah, it's okay." I approve. 

"Marvelous!" Ms. Patel chirps. Then turns to the lady at the front desk, "You can get a couple of girls to help get these bags to Dorm room 43?" she asks, and the lady nods.

"School starts at 8:55 am every morning on weekdays. Tomorrow morning, you will come here, state your full name, school year you are in, and get your class schedule and campus map. You will also get your school books for your school day to put in your locker. And on the topic of lockers, follow me." she explains, then walks not too far from the entrance, and we all follow. 

"Here is your locker and your combination. You can decorate the inside of your locker however you'd like, just nothing that might stick there forever," she explains, handing me a small piece of paper, and I try open the locker door. 

"Now, may we continue?" Ms. Patel questions. 

"I look over at my moms again, and they nodded, "Sure!" I approve.

We continued walking down what seemed like thousands of hallways and past hundreds of classrooms. My feet became sore from all the walking. Then, Ms. Patel opens the door to an enormous library, with what seems to be millions of books on each shelf. High ceilings and skylights on top, like something you'd find in a Disney princess movie! 

"This is our library! You can do your homework here after school, or just read. This is not a place where you can goof around with your friends. And the library closes at 8:30 pm every night. Oh, and meet your librarian, Miss Alice!" Ms. Patel says.