+*New Friends*+

Monday, December 9, 2019, 8:49 am

Nini

I walk through the double doors of the enormous school building, everyone is running around, yelling, and talking. I walk right up to the front desk. 

"Hello! I'm one of the new students for this semester, I need my schedule." I tell the lady at the counter. 

"Your name?" the lady said. 

"Nina Salazar-Roberts." I address, looking at her long bright yellow nails type on the keyboard. 

"I'm a Junior." I add. 

"Oh yes, Nina, you will be in Mrs. McColley's class first period. She's just down the hall. Also, here is a schedule and a map." the lady says, handing me a map.

"If you need any help, I'll be here. Oh! And my name is Mrs. O'Neil! Nice to meet you!" she says, holding out her hand for me to shake. 

"Thank you!" I grin, shaking her hand. 

"No problem." she says with a smile, and I walk away. 

I look at my schedule, but it just says what classroom and subject, and I have a pretty lousy memory when remembering where to go. I decide to ask someone just so I don't look like an idiot in front of the school mindlessly walking around. I walk up to what it seems to be a girl, shiny golden hair with her skirt a little bit too short, and her socks a little bit lower them they are supposed to be. 

I tap on their shoulder and turn around, "Do I know you?" she questions with attitude. 

"Hi, I'm Nini, I'm a new student, and I really don't know much people here. So do you know where Mrs. McColley's class is?" I ask. She looks at me up and down, then smiles.

"We were about to head there now, c'mon, my friends, and I will show you, won't me?" the girl says, turning around to her friends. 

"Sure!" one girl chirps. 

"I'm Cleo! And this is Zoey, Morgan, and Anna Grace!" Cleo says as the other girls wave as they hear their name. 

"Oh, hi Nini!" Anna Grace chirps, and I wave.

 "You know her?" Cleo wonders. 

"Yeah, she asked me where the dorms were yesterday." she clarifies, and Cleo nods.

 I smile, "C'mon, let's go, the bell is about to ring." Cleo snaps her fingers as the others quickly follow behind her, and I catch up.

We all walk down the hall, Cleo and I in the front, and the other three in the back. Everyone steps out of the way as we walk through the halls, boys whistling, and girls begin to whisper. 

"Does this always happen?" I ask Cleo. 

"What happens?" she replies. "Oh, nothing." I say, how does she not notice that like everyone is acting like she's the queen. 

We turn the corner, "Here we are." Morgan says. 

"Mrs. McColley's classroom!" Zoey says. 

"Oh, and be careful, she can be really annoying, and very loud." Anna Grace says, and the others giggle. 

"Okay, thank you." I say with a nervous smile. I reach for the door handle, but Cleo quickly slaps my hand and opens it instead.

I walk up to the teacher, "Hello, I'm Nina! I'm one of the new students this semester. It's nice to meet you." I say, holding out my hand to shake. "Oh, Hello! I heard you were coming! I'm Mrs. McColley! It's fantastically wonderful to meet you!" Mrs. McColley yells with a loud voice, then reachers out her hand to shake mine. 

"Here, sit in front of the classroom! Blake, can you move down a desk?" she asks.

The boy moves down a desk just so I can sit. I felt kinda, powerful, but in a good way. From the hallways, and here, It feels good. I look at him, and I smile, and he smiles back, and winks. The bell rings, and Mrs. McColley walks over to the door, arms pumping. 

She shuts the door, "Why good morning, my students! I'm Mrs. McColley! Now I'm reintroducing myself because one might have forgotten my name over break, and two, we have a new student! Come up and tell us about yourself!" she says, waving her arms toward her. 

I slowly get up and walk up to the front of the classroom, I had no idea schools still made kids do this. "Hello, I'm Nina, and you can call me Nini if you want." I grin, trying to keep the famous nickname going. I'm happy Ricky made that name, its cute, just like him. 

"I'm 17 years old, and I transferred here from East High in Salt Lake City. And- " I get interrupted. 

"Wait, the East High? From High School Musical!" Cleo says, looking over at her squad. 

"Well, yeah. But really just a normal high school now." I nod. 

"That's so cool!" Zoey bubbled. 

"Okay, now are there some quick questions for Nini you want to ask?" Mrs. McColley says. 

"Did you ever put on a production of High School Musical?" a girl questions. 

"Yeah, just last year!" I approve. 

"What role did you play?" a boy asks. 

"I was Gabriella! I really loved it!" I chirped. 

"Who was Troy?" Cleo asks. 

"Oh, just my-" I pause, "my friend," I grin. 

"Alrighty Nini, thank you! Now have a seat so we can get started!" Mrs. McColley beams. 

I walk back over to my seat, smiling. Mrs. McColley was really a good teacher, I start to listen. Then my phone buzzes, I take it out of my pocket and sneakily puts it under the desk to see what happened. She was writing on the board, so I was in the clear. I open my phone 'Voice Mail from Ricky' the phone reads. I'll just take it after class. I guess. I continue listening in on the conversation.

Thankfully, the bell rings, "Have a fantastically fantastic day, everyone!" Mrs. McColley cheers as we all flood out of the classroom. 

I walk over to Cleo, "Now, do you know where Mr. Lee's class is?" I inquire. 

"Oh, just down the hall, I'll see you later!" Cleo says, then gives me a hug. 

"Oh, I'll see you later." I smile, walking away. I pass by a bathroom, and I walk in thankfully, and surprisingly, no one was there. 

I walk into a stall, pull out my phone, and ever so quickly and quietly, call Ricky, they would be in passing period right now, so I think it's okay. I listen to his voicemail, then I call him back. "BRRRRRRR," the phone goes. "BRRRRRRRR"... "BRRRRRR"... "Hey, its Ricky!" he says. 

My face lights up, "Sorry I couldn't answer the phone, send me a voicemail, and I'll answer back! Okay, Goodbye." ugh, it has to be the voicemail. 

"Hey! Its Nini! I'm so sorry that I never said I was leaving for Denver. You really deserved to know. Now, I got to go to class. I'll call you later. Bye!" I hang up.

 I straighten up my outfit, walk right out of the bathroom and head straight to Mr. Lees's class just down the hall. And now I have to deal with this all day long.