+*Scream Into A Pillow*+

Sunday, January 19, 2020, 10:22 am

Nini

"So, I know I ask many of these questions, but what was it like in Salt Lake City? I've never really been anywhere out of Colorado." Zoey wonders as we walk into the courtyard. "I love it there, everyone is just so friendly!" I chirp. "Do you guys have like festivals and stuff like that?" she questions. "Oh yeah! My moms would go to this music festival every year. We've been going since I was little. They play a bunch of music and people danced. It was magical! I guess that's what made me love singing!" I say as she sits on a bench. "Wait, you have two moms?!" she perplexed. "Yeah, I do. Why?" I wonder. "Is that a problem?" I quired. "No, no, I just didn't know." she says, adjusting herself in her seat. She sat there in silence, "Can I say something, don't get mad." she asks. "Okay, what's up?" I wonder. "I don't understand why gay have to shove it in my face that they are gay! There like, 'Oh look at me! I'm gay! Give me attention!'" She mocks. "And I don't think they need a Pride Month. If we had a Straight Month, they would all just be offended!" she rambles, and I stand there in complete utter shock. "And I just don't think that it's appropriate for children to learn about Homosexuality! And I just find gay couples gross! But don't worry, I'm not homophobic, I have gay friends." she declares. A wave of sadness crashes over me, "Oh." I tremble. "Are you okay?" she comforts, puts her hand on my shoulder, and I shake it off. "Ya know, I'm gonna head to my dorm. I'll see you later." I say, quickly walking away. "Was it something I said?" she yells. "Yes, yes it was!" I rage. I ran straight to my dorm, but I wanted to run farther. I want to run back to Salt Lake City. I want to run home, as far as I can from his horrible place. I quickly unlock my dorm and cry into a pillow. I reach my phone out of my pocket, and I call Mama D. No answer. Then, I try calling Mama C. No Answer again. They're at cousin Jessa Mea's birthday party, and Aunt Charlotte is strict about having no electronics at parties. I try calling Kourtney, no answer once more. I want to talk to someone, not Emily, or Anna Grace, just someone I can really trust. Then I see Ricky's number, I tap it. "BRRRRRRR" ... "BRRRRRRR"... "BRRRRRRR"....... "Hey, Nini!"

Ricky

"Hey, Nini!" I smile, I'm happy she called. I put the phone on speaker, "I want to go home." Nini wept. "Wait, what do you mean?" I say frantically. "Everyone at this school is complete idiots! I can't take it anymore!" she shouts. "Woah, Woah, slow down. Why do you want to leave?" I wonder. "These people here are horrible human beings! I mention that I have two moms to one of my friends, and she rambles on that it's weird to have two moms and that gays are gross. And says she's not homophobic, which is totally not true and tells me not to be mad!" she exploded. "Like how am I supposed to not be mad when you insult my mothers and all gay people! Ugh!" she bickered. "Oh." I'm speechless. I hated seeing her sad. "Wait, are there more people like this?! 'Cause you said 'they.'" I question. "I have a whole list! Story Number One." Nini declares. "I got invited to a late-night party that was after curfew at my friend Austin's dorm, and my friend Morgan switched out my soda drink for a beer!" she shouts. "Wait, who's Austin?" I inquired, "I'm saying now. Story Number Two. I needed to bring papers to the front desk, and I trip and fall and drop all the papers on the floor. He helps me pick them up. Later on that day, he asks if I can help him with math homework. He didn't even need any help! He just said that just to see me! And then, this happened again the next day. And on the Sunday, he gave me a rose and tried kissing me." she rambles. "What did you do?!" I quizzed. "I threw that stupid rose on the floor, and I ran straight to my dorm! I still can't believe that I was that naive to think that I didn't know he liked me!" she rambled. "Then, what did you do after?" I question. "He asked me to be his friend. I said okay 'cause I didn't want him to bother me, and he's a nice person," she answers. "You guys are not more than-" I get cut off, "No, not more than friends. I don't like the kid that way." she answers. A wave of relief comes over me, "I just don't want to deal with these people anymore! I want to go home! I miss you, I miss Kourtney. I miss Big Red, I miss Ashlyn. I miss Gina, I miss Miss Jenn. "I miss Carlos, I miss Seb! I even miss E.J I tell you! I want to go home!." she exclaims. "Then why don't you just tell your moms that you don't like it there?" I state. "I-I'm scared they would get mad! I feel like they would just try to convince me to stay!" she stutters. "Nini, your moms are the two most understanding people I've ever met. I'm sure they'll understand." I clarify. "I don't know. I'm scared." she trembles. "No need to worry. Let's change the subject, what happy things are happening there?" I say. "Nothing really, I've been writing some songs," she says. "Sweet! I've been skateboarding a lot." I smile. "Well, aren't you the next Tony Hawk." she chuckles. "Any news about the spring musical?" she chirps, I can tell she was feeling better. "Oh, that. I got the news!" I smile. "Oh Oh! Tell me!" she bubbled. "The spring musical is-" I pause for suspense, "Beauty and the Beast!" I smile. " That is Cool! I love it!" she chirps. "Take a left turn at 300 feet." the GPS speaks. "Where are you going?" she quires. "Nowhere in particular." I smile. Then I get my idea, I'm not going to just visit her, I'm bringing her back home.