+*Dropping Books In Joy*+

Thursday, February 23, 2020, 7:30 am

Nini

I walk downstairs to the kitchen and make myself a bowl of cereal. 

"Good Morning Nini!" Mama D enters, taking a sip out of her coffee mug.

"Morning!" I chirp. "Are you gonna take the bus, or is Ricky gonna pick you up?" Mama D wonders. 

"Ricky is gonna pick me up." I answer. 

"Great! Are you guys getting together again?" she wonders. 

"I don't really know, we aren't really official!" I grin. 

"Good Morning, everyone!" Mama C bubbled as she walks down the stairs. 

"Good Morning!" I smile. I walk upstairs to get my backpack and books. 

"Did you hear that the Winter Ball is Saturday?" Mama C inquired, as I walk down the stairs. 

"Yeah, Ricky asked me to go with him!" I say. 

"Really! That's amazing! When are you gonna get a dress?" Mama D wonders. 

"Maybe after school or tomorrow." I shrug, as a car honks outside the house. "That must be Ricky." I state. 

"Love you!" I say, giving them both a hug. 

"Be careful!" they say together, as I walk out the door. 

Ricky waves from his car as I walk toward it. 

"Hey you!" he chirps as I step into the front seat of his car. 

"Good Morning!" I say, giving a kiss on the cheek. 

"Ready to rock?" he smiles. 

"Ready to roll!" I chuckle, as he starts the engine and heads toward East High. I'm so excited!

He opens the car door for me, and I walk out. East High stands before us, and I smile. I swing my backpack over my shoulder, "This is it; you ready?" Ricky questions. 

"Ready as I'll ever be!" I smile as he takes my hand. We walk toward East High and into the building. 

"Hey Nini!"'s and "Hi Nini"'s and "Welcome back Nini"'s filled the hallway, as Ricky and I walk together through the hallways. 

"See you later!" Ricky says as he gives me a kiss on the forehead, and we walk separate ways.

Kourtney walks down the hall, and I scream, "Kourtney!" I cheer. 

"Oh my goodness!" she beams, dropping her books on the floor and runs up to me, giving me a tight hug. 

"What are you doing here?!" she questions with a toothy smile. "I came back to East High!" I bubbled. 

"So you're staying here for the rest of the year?!" she quizzed, and I cheerfully nod.

 "Ahh!" she screams, giving me another hug. 

Ashlyn and E.J walk over, "Nini! What are you doing here?" Ashlyn smiles, giving me a hug. 

"I came back to stay for the rest of the year!" I cheer. 

"That's great!" Ashlyn chirped. 

"Welcome back." E.J nodded, and I smile. 

Carlos and Seb walk over, "Nini!" Carlos shouts, running and giving me a hug. 

"Oh! Hi!" I welcome. 

"I can't believe you're here!" Seb smiles. 

"Yeah! I'm staying for the rest of the year!" I bubbled. 

"Really?! That's amazing!" Carlos chuckles, taking Seb's hand. 

"Oh, c'mon! Class starts soon! You need your books!" Kourtney says she grabs her books from the floor, and we walk over to my locker. This is great!