SiXTEEN { skillet }

TW // this chapter features graphic depictions of violence, blood, and anxiety stuff.

viewer discretion is advised. as of this point you've been warned.

"What the fuck, Jungkook."

Taehyung hesitated to descend the last step, unsure of whether or not it was okay to get closer — whether or not it was safe.

Yoongi looked mad. Like an angered bull to a red sheet, he looked ready to charge on Jungkook at a moment's notice; steam practically fumed from his ears, his face turning red. Taehyung could see his white-knuckled fists from where he stood. Even though Yoongi didn't appear to be mad at Taehyung, he still gripped the handrail in a sense of security, he still felt intimidated when Yoongi's glare wasn't on him at all.

"Uh, what's your deal?" Jungkook asked, laughing it off as he approached his brother. How could he feel safe enough to do that? "You look pissed."

"Seriously, Jungkook? What the fuck is wrong with you?" he snarked.

"Seriously, what? I don't... I don't know what you're upset about. I kind of need some context here to get what's going on."

"Are you fucking insane?" Yoongi shouted, jaw clenching as he dared to step closer. "I'm trying to clean up your bullshit mess."

Yoongi looked to Taehyung. His eyes glinted with a certain look and Taehyung's stomach plummeted, blood running cold. He knows. Oh, fuck, he fucking knows!

"Wait, Yoongi," Taehyung started, still unmoving on the last stair. "It's not what you think."

"Are you sure, Tae?" he asked. It wasn't a genuine question, his tone was too flat. Yoongi was baiting him, he wasn't going to fall for any of Taehyung's lies. "Come here and tell me what it is then."

Taehyung's breath hitched in his throat but he stood still. He left his mouth agape but said nothing. When Yoongi went to move closer, Jungkook stepped between them, keeping Yoongi far away from Taehyung. Yoongi stepped back again, seemingly repelled by Jungkook.

"What do you think? What the fuck is going on?"

"Taehyung." Yoongi paid no mind to his brother; he talked to Taehyung as if Jungkook's body was transparent. "Come here and explain. Please."

Jungkook looked back at Taehyung. "Don't."

"He's supposed to be able to do what he wants, Jungkook," he spat. "Look, I'm just asking you to explain."

It took Taehyung another second to realize Yoongi had spoken to him. He didn't make a move. Even if he explained, even if he lied and even if Yoongi believed him, he would have to break the rules. He's not supposed to tell Yoongi anything about what he's asking for. "If you tell him anything, I will kill him." Taehyung didn't want that.

"Tell me why you're so fucking mad and I'll explain," Jungkook countered.

"I don't want to hear shit from you, Jungkook. Tae—"

"Okay, I don't know what your fucking problem is, but you don't get to come here and act like a madman and order Taehyung around. Just cool the fuck off—"

"Says the one who kidnapped him!"

All of the air in the entire world was sucked out into an abyss. Everything halted to a stop for a moment, and Taehyung couldn't breathe. No one moved, no one said a word, and it lasted for a good while too, at least in Taehyung's mind. Then he realized he was the only one frozen. His gaze went dizzy holding his breath for too long, but he couldn't find it in him to let go.