Chapter 6-A kiss for this arch-mage

I was on the edge of a forest, during the afternoon and I walked towards a crater that was outside of the forest and into the field. I approached the crater and when I looked down into it there was a vague human shape wielding a sword and seemingly challenging me to a duel. Then, the figure disappeared and five horses were racing in a field of flowers and all passed by me except for one. The one who didn't pass by me halted, got close to me and looked me in the eyes and said:

"Bones. A sledgehammer."

I woke up in the bed with Megumin standing near the bed and looking down on me. The thing which I just saw was a dream?!

"Finally, I just couldn't manage to wake you up" Megumin said. "You were sleeping like there was no tomorrow."

"Huh? Well I am awake now. I see that you have changed already. Is it late?" I asked.

"No, but we used to wake up earlier the past few days" she answered.

I got up, got the sling bag on my shoulder and the hatchet on my belt. Then I bid Jens farewell and continued my journey together with Megumin. We got through some mountain pass and walked a lot until we got to the other side of the mountains. From there, some kind of farm could be seen far off in the distance. It was already late afternoon, it took us nearly the entire day to go through the pass.

"Y/n?" Megumin said.

"Yes?"

"Can I cast my Explosion on one of the fields in the distance?"

Descend into the forest with Megumin on my back? This is bad. But I won't refuse any challenge that comes my way.

"Sure" I answered.

Megumin cast her Explosion spell on a field and I took her on my back. Now comes the challenging part. I descended down slowly, very slowly. At one point the dirt road stopped being curvy and it led straight through a forest. I felt myself losing my footing as I started descending to the forest and not wanting to fall, I started sprinting down with Megumin on my back.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Megumin screamed as the wind was blowing powerfully in our ears. She probably struggled to hold on to her witch hat and her staff as I was going down at a high speed. When we stopped descending I continued running thanks to the inertia and I tried slowing down but then I lost my balance and fell face first onto the ground. Megumin was giggling. Well, at least someone is feeling good about this.

We were already in the evening and I started making makeshift beds out of piles of leaves. I made a campfire and I started eating with Megumin. She started to regain her energy fast. 

"How come you only know how to cast Explosion?" I asked her. "Isn't it a very powerful spell that needed many level-ups? How did you get enough experience killing monsters when you lacked the skills?"

"In the Crimson Demon Village the teacher used to freeze some monsters and we would hit them with bats until they died and we farmed them like that.  Besides that, I was born with more skill points than most people" Megumin answered.

"Oh, those poor devils you little Crimson Demons tortured! Now I see why are you called Crimson Demons."

"If you will ever see my village getting attacked, you will see that it was worth it."

A black cat with bat wings and a cross on it's head suddenly became visible as she was lit up by the fire's light and came towards Megumin.

"Chomusuke!" Megumin exclaimed. "I knew you would follow me!".