Some final thoughts

So, this fanfic is done. I am finally done with it.

I am not to judge if it is good or bad. That is for the reader(s) to decide.

The purpose of me writing this was not for it to be good or to reach a large audience.

It might have been obvious or not, but I wrote this for therapeutic reasons. After watching Konosuba, I somehow got attached to Megumin. I liked and found all the characters funny, but for some reason I got obsessed with her. It was so severe, I got jealous of Kazuma. I got jealous of a fictional character for daring to flirt with another fictional character!

That is why I wasn't, am not, and will never be into Kazumin.

So what did my mind come up with?

Write a fanfiction! This will cure your obsession with Megumin.

Did it work? I don't know. Time will tell.

All I know is that there seemed to be a peak to my attachment. I actually lived the moments of the first ~7 chapters. When I wrote that I was blushing, I blushed in real life. When I wrote that my heart was beating faster, it beat faster in real life.

After Chapter 7, my obsession seemed to wind down and I felt more relieved. Maybe the quality of the writing went downhill from there, or it went uphill, or maybe it stood the same. I am really curious about what people think of it.

I always intended to make it a fanfiction that happens a little before the action of Konosuba. Though I did not really intend to end it when me/the reader and Best Girl join Kazuma's party. In fact, I had a lot of crazy, insane ideas to apply to the plot that fortunately did not make it to the light of day.

Ah, yes, the plot. Most of the time when I wrote a chapter, I didn't know what I would write on the next chapter after it. All I did was write what made the most sense to me at the time plot-wise.

When I published Chapter 10, I also finished reading the Explosions spinoffs to the Konosuba light novels and I realized that I screwed up the timeline of the original story. But that is ok, most people here are only familiar with the anime anyway. 

The best way to know if my obsession got cured is if I start writing another fanfic. If I do that, that means I am still hopelessly nuts.

One of the good things that came out of this obsession was that I eat a lot less sugary stuff now. Now, in order to feel happy, I no longer eat chocolate, but look at a picture of Megumin and my mood gets better instantly.

My teeth are getting healthier now, at least.

It was fun to write this.

Take care of yourselves and farewell.